Sunday, 22 December 2013

A slightly nervous return


So you may have noticed that I haven't posted here in a while... a really long time in fact, it has been september since I last posted. In september I made the rather quiet decision to take a break from this bubble for many reasons & I just closed down the writer in me until I felt a time that I wanted to come back. And I've wanted to be back, for a while... but I got a little bit too scared to do so. I've been scared a lot recently actually and managing that fear has made me hermit away from things that I really love- including blogging. 

I think it would be easy to say that I have been busy (which I really have, balancing a degree, a full time job and a social life is more than a task in itself without devoting many hours a week to keeping up a strong online presence) or that I have had writers block (also true, so far this small amount of words has taken some serious work to write down). But actually I think that I sort of gave up, it is easy for life to get over whelming and get the better of us and I think this autumn it definitely got the better of me. I don't have a demanding job by any stretch of the imagination but since september it has been very busy and at times hasn't been the most pleasant of experiences. I've felt a bit down trodden and with that you always end up doubting yourself. I definitely doubted my ability to do 'this', as well as my ability to do a lot of other things. All the self assurance that I previously had seems to have got very shaky recently and I have felt lost and confused and as a result putting my face and my voice and my opinion here seemed too difficult to do. 

I'm scared that no one will listen to me anymore, but I am not going to give up. I think more than ever, I need my friends that I have gained as a result of blogging and the only way that I can keep that connection is by starting to write again. I am going to try my hardest to put aside my insecurities on my ability to write or my uncertainty on the validity of my opinions and just keep doing what I love. 

Saying that, I am planning on shifting up the content slightly. I will still post reviews of products and I am not changing that but I will be chucking other stuff in. Also who loves youtube? because I really do so I will try and do more on there. Any suggestions would be really great on other stuff I could do, I really am scared about starting this again but high on anticipation on what I can do with this space.

I have some posts planned for the coming weeks, I hope I still have some readers left. 




16 comments:

  1. so glad you are back :) I've taken a bit of a break too but I really want to get back into blogging in the new year xxx
    http://handpickedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you chick, a break is never a bad thing- I look forward to seeing you return :)

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! I had a similar break this year too with final year of university work just piling up on top of me and working a part time job as well so I definitely know the feeling. Just remember to do what you love for you! :) hope you have a wonderful Christmas lovely xx

    The Little Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it's not a great feeling is it, especially when you have to give up something you enjoy but life does get in the way sometimes! My christmas was really good thank you, I hope yours was too xx

      Delete
  3. glad to hear your back :)
    have a wonderful christmas,
    lora xxx
    www.loraloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lora :) I hope you had a wonderful christmas too xx

      Delete
  4. Welcome back, I've missed your posts! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha :) it's really nice to be back & we need to catch up soon x

      Delete
  5. So proud of you for putting up this post! :D

    Glad to see you back. <3

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nat, I think much encouragement from you helped me- I love you! x

      Delete
  6. Glad to have you back hun, missed you :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky :) it's so nice being back :) x

      Delete
  7. About time we saw you back missy, you have been missed! Don't be afraid we are all here to welcome you back with open arms. Looking forward to lots more posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back, you've gained a new follower! :)

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251/hope-freedom-love
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!