Thursday, 8 August 2013

Another Beauty Haul

A few of you messaged me over my last post to let me know how well I had done on my post spending ban haul in London. I felt quite guilty, because in London we didn't actually have too much time to go shopping or to spend too much. So last Saturday I did a serious shopping trip to get 'restocked'. 

With stops at Asda and Boots, I made some essential purchases and some little treats along the way. 

Bourgois Bronzing Primer- £9.99 
Alot of people have compared this to the Soleil Tan De Chanel, which always sounded rather lovely to me but far too expensive for a product that doesn't seem quite necessary- £9.99 may seem like alot still to some for this product but I thought I would give it a go. It's quite dark on me so I have been using it for contouring underneath foundation and I am impressed by it so far. 

Bourgois Liner Feutre Ultra Black felt tip eyeliner- £6.99
I have used this a couple of times and I must say that i'm not ultra enthused by it so far. It is quite pigmented but the felt nib isn't as quick to use as others. Maybe I just need to get used to it though. I normally go for the scandal eyes liner, however bourjois had '3 for 2' on all beauty products and I can't resist a deal. 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade 2- £4.19 
I have bought this and re-bought this and will continue to re buy this for quite a while. I prefer this to some of my higher end concealers as it gives great coverage and is a nice consistency- I definitely recommend this. 

Bourjois Nail Varnish- Blue no Blues- £5.99
This nail varnish may be the most beautiful blue I have ever used, it is a turquoise mint and is opaque in one coat but really benefits from a second coat. I've worn it this week and haven't stopped looking at my nails, it's just so beautiful. 

Sally Hansen- Acetone Free Nail Varnish- £2.45 
This really is an either here nor there, I needed nail varnish remover- one without acetone as I have a seperate bottle of it- and this one caught my eye. It's working as you would expect a nail varnish remover to work... would I recommend it? Not above any other bottle.  

Nspa Brightening Detox Scrub £4.50 
I have been using the Dermalogica microfoliant for some time now and when it ran out I wanted to rebuy it but was a little put off by the price tag so I have been playing with cheaper scrubs since then. Nspa currently have a 2 for £7 offer on (sold exclusively in asda) so I decided to get this and so far I really like it, it is a light and gentle scrub that works to great effect. My skin doesn't feel dry as a result of using it but feels lovely and smooth- so far, so good. 

Nspa facial oil £7.00 
This smells incredible, so far I have used it once as I bought it for a 'weekly' use, the next day my skin felt incredible which is a good start, I don't want to overload my skin with it though so once I have used it enough to form an opinion on it, I will share it with you. 

Bumble and Bumble Texture Hair (un)dressing creme - £22.00 
I saved the best till last, I have coveted this for so long that when I stumbled across a bumble and bumble stand I just could not help myself- infact I think I did quite well to restrain myself just to this one product. It is a cream to create bounce, volume and texture whilst creating a messy look. I love me some messy hair already and i'm so excited to use this and see what it can really do. 

Do you use any of these products? What are you lusting after at the moment?








10 comments:

  1. Yay you got the bumble cream! Intrigued by the facial scrub and love the look of the bourjois polish - I think they are really good :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, I found the counter in bristol and nearly had a heart attack, I decided it was fate haha. I am really impressed with the bourjois, will definitely buy more! x

      Delete
  2. Ooo that nail polish looks gorgeous hun! :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is & amazing quality for the price :) x

      Delete
  3. You've picked up some lovely things, I too would like to try the Bourjois Bronzing Primer. I'm not a fan of the Bourjois Linear Liner, I was so disappointed with it, I found it dried out so quick too :(
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really? That's annoying- it isn't cheap is it! Next time i'll just buy what I like & not be swayed by a deal haha x

      Delete
  4. Ruth Crilly recommended the snap cleanser on her blog nd now reading your review on the scrub I have to have both! haha And I really wanna get that Bb cream too. Thanks for the reviews! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. that Bourjois Nail Polish looks gorgeous! I'd love to try the Bourjois Bronzing Primer! xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TRY IT! and let me know how you get on with it :) x

      Delete
  6. That is a gorgeous blue nail polish. Almost like a turquoise x

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!