Sunday, 5 May 2013

Spending Ban 5th May- 5th July

Recently I have spent far too much money on boring stuff like my car (boo) and exciting things like holiday (yey) so I have decided to go on a HUUUUUGE two month long spending ban with the lovely Sasha Natasha and Rachel. I haven't quite decided how I'm going to manage this seeing as last time I attempted one of these (only in March as well) I burst into tears on the first day because I couldn't buy anything. 

It is starting today and it is running until the start of july, although we have agreed to try and keep it going all the way until the London Blogger Meet so that we can all have a good old splurge then instead!

So here are my rules: 

  • No buying any beauty products, except for essential replacements- where I do not already own a suitable alternative. 
  • No buying clothes, shoes, handbags or any other little 'presents' to myself. This is a complete blanket spending ban. 
  • I am allowed to buy magazines with freebies in. 
  • I am also allowed basic needs such as food but am going to cut down the starbucks to once a week and will take my lunch in every day. 
Sasha and Natasha are only sticking to beauty products and Rachel is joining me by banning everything. Then if we are successful at the end, we will all do a little swap at the london meet as a reward. 

I'll post the occasional wishlist and update but hopefully this will be fairly successful!








14 comments:

  1. sounds like a great idea! im also doing a ban, but im just doing 30 days.

    jess xx
    dotofdaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I tried a ban but lasted about two weeks as I had some dreadful news and needed retail therapy badly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh gosh, I think bad news means that you shouldn't have to worry about money. I hope everything is okay now xx

      Delete
  3. Im also doing a ban. its untill the 5th on june or untill imats. but i do have to buy some items for my kit but have cut ddown on that. im saving for imats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jealous that you're off to imats, I really want to go but I'm not free! I hope your ban goes successfully and you manage to stick to kit essentials only. x

      Delete
  4. Good luck hun!! Hope day one is going ok for you so far! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you too lovely!! Day one went okay, thats one down only another 60 to go :) X

      Delete
  5. I am banned... ha xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is admirable - I really should be doing something similar as I need money for a deposit on a new flat within the next month or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you :) you should join us, it's never too late to start :) x

      Delete
  7. Good luck :) i started my spending ban a week ago :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you too- how long is yours for? x

      Delete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!