Monday, 13 May 2013

MAC Baking Beauties- Pearlematte Face Powder- Pink Buttercream

Baking Beauties buttercream Pearlematte Face powder
Baking Beauties buttercream Pearlematte Face powder
Baking Beauties buttercream Pearlematte Face powder
Baking Beauties buttercream Pearlematte Face powder
Baking Beauties buttercream Pearlematte Face powder
Baking Beauties buttercream Pearlematte Face powder swatches
Baking Beauties buttercream Pearlematte Face powder swatches

MAC Baking Beauties- Pearlematte face powder in buttercream £21.50. 

MAC have released a whole load of collections recently and the one that really caught my attention was the Baking Beauties- all based around cake decoration and design. It stood out as it is an elegant pastel collection which is perfect for spring. I tried to resist, but didn't manage it and had to have the Pink Buttercream Pearlematte Face Powder in Pink Buttercream. The Pearlmatte powders always stand out to me as they are just so pretty and this was no different! 


Around the edge is a very sheer white powder which is sprayed on and dissapeared after about 4 applications. The main powder is made of really beautiful cool toned silver pink and the flower is made from a mid silver pink with periwinkle petals. They all blend together to make a really pretty silver. I have heard people complain about the colour pay off as it is so sheer but personally I really like this and use it to dust over my cheekbones- making them look all dewy and glowy. But it can be used all over as a face powder or concentrated for an icey blush. I would say this this is a product for girls with skin like mine, pale and cool toned as it would definitely wash out a warm toned girl. 


As far as essentials go, I wouldn't classify Pink Buttercream as something you need in your life. But just like a  decadent cake, this makes a luxurious little treat. 


What do you think of the MAC Pearlematte Face Powder?


21 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous! I'd love to try this blush :) Very dainty and girly xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very girly in the pan, but I think it has different qualities on the skin :) x

      Delete
  2. I really really want this, it is on my list of wants xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully it will still be around when the ban is over :) x

      Delete
  3. This looks lovely on you plus the design of it is waaay too cute!
    Kaz at Sunshine Days x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaz, I know- I felt sad when the silver detailing wore off! x

      Delete
  4. this is so pretty, and really suits you! I am really pale so I think I might have to purchase this :) xxx

    http://handpickedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah you definitely should, it's such a treat :) x

      Delete
  5. Design is so pretty. Looks lovely on you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the sort of thing I like! A bit of irredesent pinkyness is nice! :)

    sistersnottwins.blogspot.co.uk (newbie newbie) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like it would really suit your skin tone as well :) x

      Delete
  7. Ahh it's really pretty and looks fab on you! I love such cool toned pinks on my skin so I'll definitely try and find it! :)

    I am running an International Giveaway on my blog now, and I'd love it if you enter for the chance to win some YSL, Chanel and Essie products! <3

    XO,
    RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
  8. My oh my, that looks very pretty! And it looks gorgeous on you too!

    X

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!