Sunday, 26 May 2013

Butter London- Fairy Lights


Butter London Fairy Lights
Butter London Fairy Lights
Butter London Fairy Lights and Swatches

Butter London Nail Laquer in 'Fairy Lights'  £13.00 

In the last few months I have become more concerned about what ingredients are nail varnish. It isn't something that I think alot of people think about, but actually some nail varnishes are packed with some really nasty ingredients. Butter London are a '3- free' brand which means that they don't include Formaldehyde, Toulene and DBP which are all bad for the health of your nails as well as your own health. So whilst the laquers are more expensive, I feel that they are a better choice to make. 

Fairy Lights is a really pretty duo-crome silver/lilac metallic colour, it applies quite thickly but does need a second coat to stop streaks. It doesn't chip easily and lasts about three days. I often use this as an accent nail with MACS 'In the Dark... Purple' or I use it on all nails when i'm feeling rather shimmery.

I think that this is a really pretty colour by one of my favourite nail companies and I really recommend trying their products.








12 comments:

  1. you’re so right about this, I love nail polish but didn’t really think to much about the ingredients, so recently I have been buying zoya polishes, they are lovely and also ‘3 free’ :D - love love this colour, so feminine and pretty <3

    Big hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on a spending ban at the moment, but I am going to do a huge zoya haul when I am done, I am lusting after their shades so badly! good to know that they're 3 free as well, I have definitely noticed a dramatic improvement in my nails since using them x

      Delete
  2. This is such a beautiful colour! I adore Butter London and their 3 Free attitude, I just wish their nail polish wasn't so pricey!

    Mollie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're slightly cheaper from amazon.co.uk- thats where I have been buying mine from :) x

      Delete
  3. Oh that is pretty! I love purple polishes. I agree about the 3-free, some are even going 4 or 5-free now haha. I should do a nail polish purge with my ones that aren't, I'm pretty sure all the ones I buy these days (Essie, Julep, etc.) are and the price is much cheaper than BL. But that colour is so pretty all the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I did hear that the 4 free ones tend to seperate and dry up more, but i'd be interested in trying them out. Let me know if you have tried any and what your experience was :)

      Delete
  4. such a pretty colour
    http://georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never thought about what might be in nail varnishes, this sounds like a great brand. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so shocked when I found out what was actually in them and the effects of some of the ingredients as well. x

      Delete
  6. Really REALLY like that colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're going to have to buy it ;)

      Delete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!