Saturday, 11 May 2013

Barry M Gelly High Shine Nail Paints- Pomegranate, Papaya, Lychee.


Gelly High Shine Nail Paints from Barry M- £3.99

I know that these have been out a while now, so everyone knows what the gelly high shine nail paints from Barry M  are. I've actually had Pomegranate for months and months but I used it a couple of times and go frustrated by the fact that they chip easily. As you don't need a top coat, due to the high shine, it just doesn't seem to last as long. However recently as it is is opaque in one coat and such a pretty colour I have started using it all the time. I also came to the conclusion that I can just put a top coat on it anyway, problem solved... so I bought a few more. 

Pomegranate is a berry toned red with a slight deep pink undertone and applies in one coat. 
Papaya is a warm coral leaning more towards orange then red and needs a second coat to be opaque. 
Lychee is a colour that everyone loves and I have seen on lots of blogs, however I was never too into it... until I saw it in boots. It is a really pretty neutral sand colour with a slight grey undertone and it looks beautiful on the nails. It also needs a second colour to be opaque. 

Have you tried any of the Gelly High Shine Nail Paints










11 comments:

  1. I have tried the blue coloured one and I am unsure of what to think, I find they take quite a long time to dry and the smell is rather weird for my liking, but they do look lovely after they have dried, just the waiting time and how thick the formula is are negatives for me. Love the pomegranate colour though!! New follower!

    http://kimberley-xxx.blogspot.co.uk

    Xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pomegranate is my favourite I think, it is a truly gorgeous colour :D
    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Papaya looks so lovely! Wish we had Barry M in the states!

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get some Gelly varnishes... Post spending ban of course!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I have the Lychee one! You know me, I'd never think to wear something like this incase it washed me out, but I love it so much and it suites so well!

    These colours are gorgeous, but of course Lychee is my favourite. :P

    http://brokenprophetblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh such gorgeous colours.. love them x x x

    Gemma | ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Papaya looks beautiful! I definitely need to pick that up :D
    I just happened across your blog from a bit of link hopping, it's really lovely!

    Mollie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty colors! I dont think we have this brand in the states

    http://lovelyinlipstick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. They have really nice colors,i would love the lychee but sadly its not avaliable in my country.


    Retrobien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!