Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Models Own- Fruit Pastels Nail Varnish Collection

models own fruit pastels collection and swatches
models own fruit pastels collection and swatches
models own fruit pastels collection and swatches
models own fruit pastels collection and swatches

Models Own Shades in:  Grape Juice, Strawberry Tart, Blueberry Muffin and Apple Pie. (swatched with Loreals Confetti top coat)

As soon as stock images of the Models Own Fruit Pastels Collection started to appear, I knew it would be one that I would have to get my mitts on. There are five beautiful shades in the collection: 

Grape Juice: A beautiful lilac shade with pink undertones.
Strawberry Tart: A baby pink shade with warm hints of coral, a little brighter than a traditional pastel pink.
Blueberry Muffin: A hazy sky blue which is definitely my favourite out of the collection. 
Apple Pie:  A pastel green, not quite mint green but a lovely shade. 
Banana Split: The only shade that I didn't pick up, I'm not a yellow nail fan! It is a soft yellow. 

The selling point is the fact that they smell! All of the bottles have a little scratch n' sniff panel at the top which is representative of how the polish will smell when it dries. This is so 90's that it actually hurts, they all smell similar to the scented gel pens which I used to absolutely love when I was younger. The polish only begins to smell when it is dry- when wet it does just smell like nail varnish! But the scent lasts for ages and continue to smell even with a top coat applied. 

For 90's kids and pastel lovers every where, this is bound to be a massive hit. 

What do you think? Will you buy? 

Available HERE

bloglovin | twitter




12 comments:

  1. The scented part kind of puts me off although the colours are beautiful and perfect for spring! xo

    megansbeautyblog22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scent is definitely a love it or hate it thing, fair enough if it isn't for you but I'm enjoying it :) x

      Delete
  2. Oh wow any polish which doesn't smell of polish when it dries is a hit in my book! I would invest in these if I hadn't broken my spending ban this morning and bought 3 Essie polishes - oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree with that, not feeling like you're being knocked out with fumes is a bonus :) If you've already broken it, you may as well carry on ;)x

      Delete
  3. These colours are gorgeous! Fingers crossed I unwrap this set for my birthday on Thursday!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh its your birthday tomorrow :) you'll be spending all your dosh on saturday then haha :) Let me know if they do make their way into your life!! x

      Delete
  4. I know you spoke to me about these on the phone and I saw the promo for these online before they came out... BUT OH MY LORD these are so lovely!

    I love the look of Blueberry Muffin and Banana Split and I can only imagine me falling in love with allll the scents.

    Really need to get me some of these and it's all your fault! :P

    http://brokenprophetblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everything is always my fault Nat :p let me know if you pick them up!! xxx

      Delete
  5. Ooh, didn't realise they were scented! Yum. I love all of these shades, can't get enough of pastel nails for Spring.
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So yum, whenever I wear them I keep sniffing them haha :) I am all for the pastels this season too, so pretty! xx

      Delete
  6. Oh God this IS so 90s - I miss my scented gel pens I had when I was little! I love pastel nails lately too so these seem like they're onto a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! I want them all, if only they were cheaper... xx

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!