Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Illamasqua Matte Lipstick- Immodest

Illamasqua Immodest Lipstick Review
Illamasqua Immodest Lipstick Review
Illamasqua Immodest Lipstick Review
Illamasqua Immodest Lipstick Review

Illamasqua Lipstick in Immodest: £16.00

Recently I seem to have developed a bit of a lipstick obsession, I've bought 7 in the last three weeks and I have a massive list of ones that I want. This lipstick is my current favourite, it is from illamasqua and is part of their collection: I'mperfection. The collection definitely caught my attention, a celebration of the characteristics we perceive as flaws such as freckles, pigmentation, beauty spots and other quirks. As a proudly pale and freckly girl, I absolutely love the empowerment that this gives us and the confidence to stand up and celebrate who we are rather than to spend our time attempting to cover them up. (seriously, the amount of time I have spent trying to blend away my freckles is ridiculous). 

There is definitely beauty in being different and this is Illamasqua all over. 

Immodest is a no apologies vibrant pink with slight blue tones balanced with raspberry pink. It is cool toned without being draining and is unlike anything else I have seen on the highstreet. It is a matte finish, something which I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with. I like it because it makes it more wearable and long lasting yet it does tend to drag on the lips and clings to all the dry patches. I have been priming the lips with a balm and then blending the colour out so that it doesn't pool on the lips, not an 'on the go' application. I find that this lasts about 3 hours, but will need to have the last bits scrubbed off before reapplication. It is bright and it is in your face, yet somehow it is suitable for work. Incredible.

What do you think of immodest, is it too daring or a fun shade to play around with?









10 comments:

  1. i love this shade, it looks lovely on you! x



    studsandsparkless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovely :) it definitely is my favourite shade at the moment xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow this is just completely, utterly beautiful! I think I need this in my collection.. gotta love Illamasqua! xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous colour isn't it, I think you need it too! x

      Delete
  3. such a gorgeous colour! youre so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw what a lovely compliment, thank you :) x

      Delete
  4. That's such a gorgeous colour hun! I wish you hadn't blogged about it mind as it's made me want to try it out now the next time I head into town. xD

    http://brokenprophetblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!