Wednesday, 10 April 2013

How much is my face worth tag (April 2013)


I originally did this tag last August (right here!) when it was really popular and everyone had done it. I really enjoyed doing the tag at the time and also reading all the posts from everyone else. I have a slight confession to make, when I wrote mine I never actually sorted the products out into what I actually had on my face- I just sort of guessed the products that I used. So today, I have used my products as normal and then put them aside just for this post. This sums up a standard day for me, nothing too special but about the normal amount I would put on. 


So here's the list, i've marked anything that was a present as (P), non of these products were PR samples... my Dad is just very kind and bought me a lot of makeup whilst he lived in America.

  • (P) Benefit Dandelion face powder (doubles as a blush and a setting powder) £23.50
  • Technic High Lights £2.00
  • (P) NARS Laguna Bronzer £26.00
  • Benefit Swoonderful Lipstick £14.00
  • (P) MAC 168 Contour Brush £26.00
  • Illamasqua Blush Up Brush £28.50
  • Real Techniques Starter set (used for eyes, brows and highlighter) £21.99
  • Real Techniques Buffing Brush (part of the Core Collection price per brush) £5.50
  • Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light 2 £4.19
  • YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation in BR10 £29.00
  • Illamasqua Skin Base in shade 8 (used to build a little colour) £27.00
  • Benefit POREfessional Primer (used on T Zone) £24.50
  • (P) Laura Mercier Radiance Primer (used on cheeks as porefessional is too drying) £28.00
  • Body Shop Vitamin E Moisturiser (sample from glossy box-price based on that) £2.59
  • (P)Benefit Brow Zings in Light £23.50
  • Urban Decay Supercurl Mascara £15.00
  • Bare Minerals single pot eyeshadow in B.F.F £14.00
  • Elizabeth Arden Eyeshadow in Gala (plum, sale price) £3.50
  • Elizabeth Arden Eyeshadow in Moonbeam (ivory, sale price) £3.50
  • Maybelline Gel Liner in brown £7.99
TOTAL: £330.26
TOTAL not including gifts: £224.76

I was hoping that the total this time would be lower than the last total which it is, however this is still an awful lot of money. I must say that I buy most things during flash sales so most of these products may have 10% or so off them, but I can't really remember which ones do and don't which is why I haven't included this. 

I am actually surprised by how much some items cost, I tend to pay on card and don't pay attention to the cost of most things (I know, I know) and its only now that I sort of think... really?! For instance, is it necessary to use two high end foundations every single day that total £56.00. I'm coming to the end of the bottle of Skin Base and will definitely have to consider whether this is worth it or not. 

Would you want to know how much it costs for you to put on your daily makeup? 

I think that if you have enjoyed this post then you should do the tag too and make sure you link me to your posts. 








17 comments:

  1. I was really shocked when I did this tag first, it came out at around the same price for me! Really want to do it again now to see if theres any change. Great post!

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, the first time round I was horrified, this time round I was more disappointed that i;m just as bad haha. definitely do it again, i'd love to know how much yours comes to :) xx

      Delete
  2. I need to get on the bandwagon and do this post myself! I love reading them, looks like you have some gorgeous products. The brushes are top of my wants list :3!
    Elle xo
    http://ellelouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do it & make sure you link me to it..! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I am terrified to add the amount up! haha.
    I love all your brushes, the Illamasqua blush brush looks so nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and thats just the face1 I'd hate to know how much it costs to keep the rest of my body all pampered haha. It is a lovely brush but it has taken an awful lot of getting used to! xx

      Delete
  4. great products its amazing how much we all spend on make up and don't even realise it!

    jess xx
    dotofdaisy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, you never think about it until it is all laid out in front of you do you! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Oh goodness that's one hefty price tag, kinda makes me scared for mine, ha! Might do one as well now... Just didn't have the time when it just started. x

    http://ravesndramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you do- link me to it!! It scared me the first time round, this time I just felt let down that it wasn't much less :) xx

      Delete
  6. great post,just goes to show how much it all costs when you do something like this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sweetie :) Yeah, definitely!! You never think of it really xx

      Delete
  7. Love your brush collection x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makes me wonder how much mine would add up to! I love this idea for a post. I may just have to do my own!

    Deana
    TesoriBelle.com

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!