Friday, 19 April 2013

Harry Potter Studio Tour- warning, contains spoilers!


On Tuesday I went to the Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studio Tour and I never wanted to leave. I absolutely love Harry Potter, I read the first book aged eight and I continued to read the books over and over for my entire child and teen years. I eagerly awaited the new books and I sat up until I read every single word (mainly so that I read it faster than my sister, who ever said I was competitive?!).  I made it a tradition to read the books every summer and would spend most of the six weeks holidays flopped out in the garden reading through a story I could never possibly forget. Harry Potter (the book version and the film version) was the first boy I ever had a crush on and I wanted to be Cho Chang in 'that' scene more than anything else in the world and I am still jealous of Ginny. When I was eleven, on the first morning of secondary school, I remember getting ready thinking 'well this is a waste of time, i'll get my letter to hogwarts any minute now' and I am still bitter about having to attend a muggle school. Like so many people my age, I genuinely believed in the story and the characters. We grew up with Harry, he could have been our mate. 

So for me, going to do the studio tour was something that I was beyond excited about, i've been to the Harry Potter world in Universal Studios, Orlando- but this was something else. There are some great stages, sets, props, costumes and information. You can go on a broomstick, step into the Knightbus and learn how they make character like Dobby. I felt like they really made everything come to life and all the displays were so interactive. Walking around in the Great Hall may just be the most incredible thing that I have ever done and I finally felt like I had my acceptance letter to Hogwarts.

If you are a huge Harry Potter fan then definitely go, it isn't too expensive (£29.00 a ticket) and is fairly accessible as it is just outside of London. There is also a lovely cafe there, a midway point where you can buy Butterbeer and an expensive gift shop at the end.

This summer, for the first summer since I left school, I am going to spend my time lounging around reading my favourite story. 







9 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhh how fab!! I'm so insanely jealous right now though :/ Maybe not so much of the Butterbeer...I don't fancy that at all haha.

    You got some brill photos too though so it's like I actually got to go. Hopefully I'll make the trek down from Newcastle again one day it would make my childhood self have a panic attack! haha

    Best wishes,
    Danielle.
    http://thesweetnesstalks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Butterbeer is actually really nice in my opinion, but I appreciate that it isn't for everyone :)
      I think it's actually fairly accessible from Newcastle, just a nice (long) trip down the motorway, your childhood self definitely needs it haha. (I'm not going to lie, my adult self was having a panic attack too haha) x

      Delete
  2. Wow that looks fantastic! I love Harry Potter and I would adore this visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go, go, go :) you won't regret it! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my I am so jealous of you. Your pictures are so amazing. I'd LOVE to visit this place. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you definitely should, it is well worth a trip :)x

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had such a fab time! I'm not a HP obsessive, nor have I read the books, but I enjoyed all the films and would love to visit here!

    louisejoyb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, you need to read the books! I promise you that you would become a huge fan too :) My friend that I went with hasn't read the books either but loves the films & she had a great time :) x

      Delete
  5. I need to go here! I'm such a massive HP Fan! :)

    http://tinypollypocket.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!