Monday, 22 April 2013

Benefit Fine One One for cheeks and lips- review


Benefit- Fine One One* £23.50 

Fine One One is pretty innovative, it is a cream trio blusher that sort of reminds me of Neapolitan ice-cream. From the top there is a highlighter 'pink champagne' blush 'sheer watermelon' and contour 'soft coral' and blended together they made a lovely sheer dewy wash of colour. 

To apply, I swipe it on, starting from the apple of my cheek and working along my cheek bone. I tend to put three layers on each cheek as the product is very sheer but can be worked up to a more intense colour. It then needs blending in and I have read hundreds of reviews that all have a different blending in technique so it is important to just make it work for you. I personally blend it in a circle on the apple of my cheek and then blend down along my cheek bone. This is because I prefer the highlighter to be defined over the contour but I know other people do this the other way round! I then finish with bronzer but skip the powder as it dulls the dewy effect. 

On my skin this lasts all day. I probably have the perfect skin for cream blusher as I am pale enough for it to show up and have dry skin on my cheeks so it doesn't slide off. However, I know that it doesn't last as long on oily/combination skin! I think this would work on darker skin but it would need to be thickly applied. This can also be used on lips either by swiping all three together or just using each one for a pop of sheer colour.

This is perfect for on the go touch ups or quick morning makeup! I only wish that Benefit made this in more colours as I would buy them all. 







10 comments:

  1. This looks so fun haha and so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this i got it the day it came out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's great isn't it, there was so much hype! x

      Delete
  3. I am trying to start liking cream blushes because I think this is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's taken me a while to like cream blushers, but i'm getting there :) x

      Delete
  4. I was originally quite sceptical about this but it looks really pretty on you!

    Rachel//www.twentysomethingbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks very pretty on the stick, very pretty packaging. The colour comes out quite subtle, looks lovely on you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh it's so pretty isn't it, typical benefit- always the prettiest :) x

      Delete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!