Monday, 15 April 2013

Bargain Haul- Swindon

Recently, I went on a really fun shopping trip with Sasha in Swindon. It was a great day but my gosh was there some problems getting there. After my car decided that it was no longer safe to drive, I ended up having to get on a train to Swindon. Now if you know me well then you will know that trains & I are not friends so for me that was a big deal, however it all went well & I actually quite enjoyed the journey and was definitely caught singing out loud a few times. I didn't want to go crazy shopping as I knew my car was going to cost a fair bit to repair (£400, ouch). So I was on the hunt for some bargains, I think I did pretty well..!


We only went a few places, firstly we went to the Outlet mall, which has a store The Cosmetics Company which is stacked full of high end brands including: MAC, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox, Estee Lauder, Origins, Clinique, Bumble and Bumble and plenty more. Then we went over to T K Maxx and finishing off in the town centre at Superdrug and Boots. 


Now MAC are a brand that I absolutely adore, I really do. But they bring out way too many collections in my opinion, whilst collections are fun- they go too quickly which means that I have often had to watch products I love slip away just because I can't afford them at the time. So I was so excited that The Cosmetics Company stocked some of these older collections, finding Venomous Villains was definitely my highlight as I was so skint when this came out and it broke my heart to not be able to buy from it! The Viva Glam V is still part of their current range, I just love the little bag that they came in as well. It cost me £28 for these items.


The MAC polish, In the Dark... Purple, was an absolute bargain at £7.00, it dries a little darker than it is in the bottle, but it is a lovely formula- one which I will put away until the winter. The Ciate polish, Pocket Money, is currently a free goodie in Marie Claire! I love Ciate formulas, so I urge you all to grab a free one (asides from the cost of the mag of course). 
Whilst I'm on the subject of nail varnishes, look at this little lot that I picked up in T K Maxx- it was only £12.99 for all five. I love nails inc. they are definitely some of the best on the markets and I just love the shades in this set. 


Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Jemma Kidd are a company anymore, hasn't she got a new brand? Anyway, I found this set in T K Maxx for £4.99 which seemed like a really good price. The lipstick, Juliet, is the perfect dusky pink, I love that it has a balm on the other end- perfect for on the go. The lipgloss Oyster is slightly too sticky to suit my tastes, but it is such a pretty colour that I happily will put up with a bit of hair stuck to my lips on a windy day.


The Jergens moisturiser is another free goodie in this months Marie Claire which seems pretty generous to me! I haven't tried this yet but I will let you know how I get on with it. Sasha was looking for a solid coconut oil to use to make a lip scrub, I loved the idea so much that I picked some up as well- I think we got them on 2 for £3.00 so it worked out so cheap for a big pot of it. It can also be used on hair and cuticles so I will be getting alot of use of of this!


Last but not least, I finally decided what skin care bits I really wanted, this was something I did put a lot of thought into as my skin seems to have changed so much recently and I didn't want to irritate it. The Avene Thermal Spring Water seemed like a great product which would help to calm down my skin and I really enjoyed using a sample of the La Roche Posay Micellar Solution so I picked up the full size bottle. I had a boots gift card so I used that making it a rather cheap day!

All in all, I spent just over £50 which is a lot of money, but for the amount I managed to get, I really feel like it was an absolute bargain. I also had a really great day with Sasha and can't wait to do it again. 







10 comments:

  1. I got my violetta in a cco to. im always using it on clients and shoots. its beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab post! Love your photos! Had a lovely day, thank you so much again :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I had a great day too, so much fun :) x

      Delete
  3. I need to travel down to a CCO! can't believe they have so much fab stuff from past collections! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I wasn't expecting that, I thought it would be damaged products etc but it is actually really good quality stuff :) x

      Delete
  4. Great post! You got some amazing mac products at cco!

    jess xx
    dotofdaisy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lovely :) I am pretty pleased with my mac haul! x

      Delete
  5. Oh wow you grabbed some real MAC bargains! :O I wish we had a shop like that here in Birmingham. :D

    Glad to hear you had a lovely day, even if it did mean getting the train. :P

    http://brokenprophetblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did indeed :) if you have an outlet mall nearby, they may have one there :) x

      Delete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!