Saturday, 16 March 2013

Recent empties- March 2013


I've made it my mission recently to actually try and use up some of my stash and I've actually powdered through alot of stuff recently!


Aussie Three Minute Miracle Reconstructor Deep Conditioner: This is definitely my favourite hair mask, it is so nourishing and it makes dry ends feel revitalised. I really reccomend this to anyone.
Repurchase? Definitely.

Paul Mitchell Strength Super Strong Daily Shampoo: I found that this dried the ends of my hair out and I didn't notice it getting any stronger, I really didn't get on with this and was glad when it ran out.
Repurchase? not a chance.

John Frieda Frizz Ease Three Day Straight Spray: I can't begin to explain how much I love this, it really is a wonder product and it makes hair smoother, softer and is a great styler. I even spray a bit in when its wavy as it just helps the style look more polished.
Repurchase? Yes. and again after that and again after that and again after that...


Now as much as I like Soap and Glory, and as much as it pains me to say this, I just didn't like either of these produces. Flake Away is a bit too sickly sweet for my taste and whilst Pulp Friction smells nice, it didn't really do anything. Such a shame but at least they are finished now!
Repurchase? Neither of them will be coming back to my bathroom.


Rapid Dry For Nails is a spray that you can use to dry your nails instantly, simply spray it on once they are touch dry and it will instantly make them tap dry. It works but it definitely isn't for me, it makes you nails uncomfortably cold and leaves a greasy coat behind. Im also not comfortable with having to spray so much of this, I worry about it staying in the air and getting in my lungs.
Repurchase? No.

Sure Maximum Protection is my gym deodorant as it has a greater level of protection. it does, however, leave white marks and dry out the skin. It's not an every day one for me!
Repurchase? I already have, it's handy to have in the gym bag.

Queen of... Tada Shaving Gel is a great alternative to a shaving foam. It comes in a cute tube and rubs on as a thick layer that makes shaving really comfortable. It smells like coconuts which I love and it washesoff easily, leaving the skin behind feeling moisturised. It also lasts alot longer than a foam and is quite cheap!
Repurchase? Yes, I must remember to pick this up next time i'm beauty shopping. 


Moroccan Oil is my absolute favourite hair oil, it really does smooth, nourish and condition.I really recommend this, it is definitely worth the money!
Repurchase? Yes yes yes.

I reviewed Skinetica a few weeks ago here.
Repurchase? I have a full sized bottle already but I will buy it when it runs out.


Throwing away both of these products was a bit of an emotional experience as they have both been very, very well loved.

Benefits Dandelion is a great product, it can be used as a blusher or as an all over translucent powder to set makeup in place as the colour can be built from sheer to a pretty light pink. It is quite shimmery as it is a brightening product and it creates a beautiful healthy glow. It suits my skin tone which is quite pale with  pink tones but it also works on my olive toned friend.
Repurchase? I already have.

Nars Laguna/Orgasm is my holy grail bronze/blush combo & I really love this but alas both pans shattered when they got thin and I can't get any more colour on the brush from the last remaining slivers. I recommend both of these to all skin tones.
Repurchase? I have both colours in seperate palettes but I want the duo again to pop in my bag.


Dream Touch Blush in Apricot is a lovely coral blush, it has a shimmer in it and is quite bright in the pot but blends in to a warm glow. It is quite well suited as a highlighter on dark skin tones or a blush for a dewy summer look on a pale skin. It isn't my favourite coral blush but it is a nice drug store product.
Repurchase? I may pick this up again in the summer.

I reviewed the YSL mascara here. It was a great mascara but it dried out fairly quickly and it's quite expensive. I have tried cheaper that I have preferred.
Repurchase? I don't think it's worth it to be honest, but I would like to try their shocking mascara.


8 comments:

  1. I love YSL shocking. I also now want to run and get 3 day straight! I love Dandelion I use it most days. Never tried it as a setting powder. Will now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for making you break your ban, but im not sorry at all because it is a brilliant product :) just go light handed with it as a setting powder or you can end up a little rosy! xxx

      Delete
  2. Ooo that shaving cream sounds lovely! My shaving foam I use on my legs has been irritating them so much lately so I think I'll have to have a look at this when we go shopping, my legs need some TLC. :)

    Shame to hear that you didn't enjoy the two Soap & Glory products you used up mind. :(

    www.brokenprophetblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like the overly foamy ones (which i think you do?!) then you may not be the biggest fan of it. But it is a really nice product :) love ya xxx

      Delete
  3. i'm impressed! i'm never able to work through my makeup products like that. i always get new ones, which can be quite distracting.

    sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same, I just got to the point where I had that many products that I needed to use some up so I made a concentrated effort to use some up :) X

      Delete
  4. I'm a new follower and girl, i've been reading your blog for the past 30'! it is really lovely! and i LOVE empties posts :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you so much for reading for so long!! Thats a massive confidence boost :) xxx

      Delete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!