Friday, 29 March 2013

MAC - Plumful - Lusture Lipstick

mac plumful lustre lipstick packaging
mac plumful lustre lipstick
mac plumful lustre lipstick swatches
mac plumful lustre lipstick swatches
mac plumful lustre lipstick swatches

Mac Plumful Lustre Finish Lipstick- £14.00

I'm sorry that this is another MAC lipstick review so close to the last, I was planning on pushing it back a while but I just love this colour so much at the moment that I just really wanted to share it with you all now.

I bought this after Sasha and I swooned over it at the Bristol MAC counter and we both really wanted to buy it. Unfortunately, they didn't have it in stock (also, the girls on the counter were rude which put me off buying anything else- I find this a common problem with MAC) but luckily for us, it was in the flash Debenhams sale at the start of March.... so we both bought it.

Plumful is a beautiful rose-purple which builds up from a sheer 'just bitten' effect to a full on intense colour. The formula is very nourishing and doesn't dry my lips at all and it lasts for hours, result! It has become my every day lipstick and I think that it looks like 'red wine' lips (if you've ever gone out and drunk far too much red wine then you should be shouting in agreement right about now).

I have been pairing it with a No.7 lip liner in 'plum' which is the perfect colour, thank you CSI Beauty Blog for that little tip.

What do you think of my current favourite lipstick? Is it a shade you would reach for?

27 comments:

  1. that shade looks gorgeous on you! x




    studsandsparkless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) its such a pretty shade! x

      Delete
  2. Ahh Plumful!! it's my most wanted MAC lipstick..
    I've been eyeing on it ever since I saw Essie(EssieButton) wore it for the first time in her video...

    It looks gorgeous on you! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it, as it is quite sheer it builds up so looks good on any skin tone :)X

      Delete
  3. I have been wanting this lipstick for ages and this post just makes me want it more! It looks amazing on you :)

    http://dotofdaisy.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get it!!!! It definitely is a really pretty colour and I think it will work really well for spring/summer xx

      Delete
  4. What a pretty colour!! Looks great on you too, really want to buy this now! :D

    beauty--within.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sweetie :) I really do think that it is very workable for skin tone so you should pick it up :) xx

      Delete
  5. Aww this is gorgeous hun! It suites you so much too. :D

    Can't wait to see you wearing it in future. ^_^

    http://brokenprophetblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nat, I absolutely love it!! I think that it would really suit you too, so you should buy it :D xx

      Delete
  6. I agree about MAC girls being rude. I haven't had a single good experience with one of them. I'm often standing for up to 20 minutes waiting to get help so I can get an item! So much so, i've often given up and gone to Illamasqua instead where they have helped me straight away and shown me how to use certain products and tested things out on me to see if i liked them, unlike MAC!

    This shade looks lovely though!

    Amy xo
    www.roseberrylips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eugh, they can be so rude can't they! I think that it is actually a problem with the layout of their stand, as everything is around a central block (on smaller stands) or dotted onto small tables around (on larger stands) that the staff aren't able to see who is ready for help. Illamasqua staff are great aren't they- I buy so much from there :) xxx

      Delete
  7. This looks absolutely lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks gorgeous on you!!really nice post hun :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you thats really kind of you :) xx

      Delete
  9. This is a beautiful shade and it suits your skin tone so well, gorgeous :)


    Dusterknuckles | Fashion // Beauty // Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I actually think that it is a shade that would work with most skin tones! xx

      Delete
  10. I've just written up my review of this :-) I'm so glad we bought it - and cheaper than it would have been from MAC anyway! I'm just in love with this colour, looks fab on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, good spot on the sale from you :) can't wait to read your post!! xx

      Delete
  11. This is a really pretty colour on you! I'm loving all the plum and dark coloured lipsticks around at the moment. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lovely!! I know, I think they are carrying really well into spring/summer :) x

      Delete
  12. Agh! I love this color. Though I feel like you could probably pull off just about any color that you wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thats so sweet of you :) I tend to stick to corals or pinks so this is a little out of my comfort zone but I am loving it :) xx

      Delete
  13. It's my first MAC lipstick and I love it :) I think I might get addicted to their lipsticks, there are so many other shades that I would love to own, now I just need to find a bank to rob ;)

    http://7hillsofbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/07/mac-plumful-alternative.html

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!