Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Rihanna MAC collection

Today everyone seems to be talking about the MAC collection with Rihanna 'RiRi loves MAC' which is anticipated for a May release, with further releases over the summer to form a full collection. I wanted to add to the posts about the collaboration as I'm a huge fan of both MAC and Rihanna... but i'm not blown away by the press release photo, the only item i'm interested in is the stippling brush.

 I think that it looks a little... tacky? a friend of mine described it as something you would see in poundland. I wouldn't go that far but it does remind me of something that you could pick up for about a third of the price in boots, from the ranges aimed at the pre teens. MAC do seem to have a habit of making things look incredible in real life that look a bit rubbish on screen so hopefull it will look better. If I had envisioned what a Rihanna/MAC collection would look like- I would have thought there would be studs and lace and leather and sex appeal- not cute pink packaging.

As for colour, I imagine that there will be alot of deep shades, one of the lipsticks will be called 'riri woo' (which is a play on ruby woo obviously). The eyeshadows in the stock image look quite matteand neutral but hopefully there will be something with a bit of Rihannas personality in. 

With her River Island clothing line and now the MAC range, she is certainly doing well for herself at the moment- I just don't think that she is a decent role model and maybe not the best person to be the face of these projects. Clean up your act girl. 

So overall, I'm not exactly excited by this, but I wait with baited breath to see what new images released!

10 comments:

  1. I'm with you on that one, it doesn't look all that enthralling. The brush looks good and the eyeshadow quad looks ok (everyone loves nude shadows) but hardly anything special. I hope it's going to be more of an exciting range in real life!
    To be honest, I've found the last couple of Mac collections a bit of a let-down - I may be the only one here, but the whole Archie Girls thing didn't interest me at all, and again I found everything to look a bit tacky, missing the mark, in my eyes.
    Hope you're well lovely.
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the palette looks okay but it'll be expensive and I think there are better quads on the market for a similar price! I must say that I really enjoyed the archies girls, but it appealed to my love of cartoon characters so it hit the spot for me! I do think that they could have made it alot sleeker though.
      I'm really well thank you, I hope you are too :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I agree with pretty much everything you've said here! I get really confused by all the different MAC collections and none have overly grabbed me, although I loved the Marilyn Monroe packaging and had my eye on a few of the products. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, all the different collections do my head in Sasha! I literally can't keep up & there is always a collection that I manage to miss. I do think they need to invest more time in their core range rather than their limited editions xx

      Delete
  3. I agree (and I'd even go as far as your friend and compare it to Poundland!). I'm not particularly into pink which doesn't help, but I just think this looks a little tacky. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you! I was thinking that I hadn't seen much of you around lately, I hope all is well! I agree, the more I look at it, the less enthusiastic I am for it xxx

      Delete
  4. I completely agree - it looks very cheap and I don't think i'll be picking up any of it!

    Amy xo
    www.roseberrylips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully it will look better at the counter but most people just seem really put off by it xxx

      Delete
  5. It literally looks like she has scribbled over it... Since she has just launched a clothing line with Topshop?! (I think it's Topshop or River Island) why didn't she work with them for a make-up collection.
    There better be some nice lip shades to maybe sway me! But then I don't tend to go for the collections as much..
    Nicola Mai..x
    imjoiningthedots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's River Island she has just launched with. It's sort of a no-brainer for her as MAC are so huge and it's not really much different to the celeb perfume thing! I just wish they had put more thought into this collection, it could have been really cool! x

      Delete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!