Monday, 18 February 2013

makeup storage



This photo is how I stored my makeup a year ago. I didn't store it basically. I hated putting things away so I just let it spill everywhere and it was all there (messily) in front of me for the next day. This photo is basically what made me decide to have a revamp as I just had too many nice products to chuck them everywhere. 

And this is how it is looking now...


Now it looks alot better, everything  has a place and it all lives in sections to make it easier to grab as I am getting ready in the morning. I have sectioned it using old glossyboxes, my favourite section is definitely the one with all my lipsticks and blushers in!


 My brushes are far cleaner now as they are kept in cups rather than scattered about to pick up bacteria. I have one for eye brushes and one for face brushes & they get a weekly deep clean. 



Lastly, all my bits and bobs are organised in more spare glossy boxes, its really nice keeping them like this as I can still see what I have and it is easy to grab but they don't fall of the side and get lost or end up spilling everywhere.

And that is how I organise everything, it isn't perfect but I really like the system as it is at the moment. 

How do you store your beauty products?



20 comments:

  1. I have mine in one of those plastic drawer storage towers but i don't like it anymore, im dying to change my storage but i need to find the perfect way of doing it!

    Yours looks great :)
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mine in plastic storage drawers too, but I got acrylic organizers as a birthday gift so I'm going to switch over soon

      Delete
    2. I kept mine in a little mini tower when I onl had a few bits and pieces, now it holds my bits of stationary :) find something that suits you- I really likehaving mine spread out so I can see it, keeping it in a large draw allows for this :)

      Delete
  2. That looks great! I wish I have a whole drawer for make up.. But there isn't enough space in my room :(
    I store my make up in piled glossy boxes haha, super inconvenient..
    it's just a matter of time for me to buy muji acrylic storage drawers.

    Maybe a nail polish collection post? Im really curious.. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want some of the muji storage drawers too, I think they're great! I used to keep lipsticks and eyeshadows in piled up glossyboxes and it is seriously annoying isnt it! I'll do a nail varnish post soon then :) although be warned, I don't have that great a variety- most of them are pink :) x

      Delete
  3. Wow your storage system looks really good and everything is so tidy :) i have a revolving makeup stand thingy with slots for different products and then acrylic drawers for everything else. I liked having a nosey at this post :)

    Love Emily xx

    http://love-x-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do a post on this, it sounds incredible! xx

      Delete
  4. Cute idea for storing all your make up(: mine is just thrown into a storage draw ha, should really look after it more!

    xox
    http://sarahleax.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. alot of people seem to use storage drawers :) I think i'm just super precious with mine- I keep it in all the packaging haha x

      Delete
  5. Oh heck, this looks great, I really need to do this!! Mine lives all over the shop. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Em :) if you do it, make sure you blog about it- I love seeing how other people store stuff :) x

      Delete
  6. that looks really good and organized! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I love it to be tidy and nicely displayed :) x

      Delete
  7. Love this post, wish I could get organised like this, unfortunately I am lacking the storage space/willpower! I stumbled across your blog from someone else's and I love it, also, love your header, I'm contemplating designing my own, but I'm new to blogging so taking it slow! Holly x

    http://hollywithoutthorns.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly, to be honest I should have this drawer for clothes as I don't have enough storage space for them all but I just want a nice space for my makeup haha :)
      I think you should jump straight in and do your header :) I love mine x

      Delete
  8. You put me to shame. That is superior organising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I want to see your storage system please George :)

      Delete
  9. Ah wow, I love this... I've developed a bit of an obsession with sectioning my drawers off and making things sit in a nice order since I took a trip to Ikea last week and bought some dividers!
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I REALLY want a set of the ikea drawer organisers, but ikea is quite far from me! I think you should do a similar post please :) x

      Delete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!