Monday, 11 February 2013

MAC- Archie's Girls Collection- Flatter Me Pearlmatte Face Powder

 Flatter Me Pearlmatte Face Powder- Archies Girls Collection- MAC- £21.50

Now i'll let you in on a little secret, I saved the best until last.

Pretty much since the very first photos of this collection were released, way back in 2012, I knew that the one thing that I definitely had to get my little sticky paws on was one of the pearlmatte powders. The powders aren't grouped into the Betty/Veronica divide like many of the other products are but I think that Flatter Me is clearly Betty and Veronicas Blush belongs to Veronica. 

The product has a warm peachy base with deeper coral/pink hearts. They can be used as seperate colours, or (as I have been doing) swirled together to create a subtle shimmer of warmth. There isn't a great deal of colour pay off and I have read some reviews that that said that there is no pay off from the hearts, I disagree, as I can see the pink undertones coming through on my skin tone.

 Flatter Me is intended to be used as a multipurpose product- suitable as a highlighter, blush or eyeshadow, I am finding that on my skin tone it is best worn as a blusher, it is just slightly too deep to be worn as a highlighter. I think that the finish is very pretty and definitely helps create a flawless finish, perfect for a day when you just want to look all dewy and healthy. 

I am wearing Flatter Me with YSL Touche Eclat in Beige Rose, Benefit That Gal, YSL mascara, Benefit Browzings and Nars Laguna Bronzer.

So, I think that I have proven two things. One, that I really like coral tones (has anyone noticed that all my purchases from this collection have been coral) and two, that I am definitely a Betty (again all of them were from her side of the collection). I'm tempted by Veronicas Blush as I think that it would make a better highlighter for my skin tone but I'm going to hold off buying until I have read a few more reviews. 

Archies Girls Collection is exclusive until the 19th Feb to Selfridges. If you scroll down, I have also reviewed Cream Soda Blush and Betty Bright Lipstick.


6 comments:

  1. This looks so adorable! I might have to check it out in store when it's released (I don't live near a selfridges) - My skins super fair so i hope it isn't too dark for me because it looks gorgeous!

    Amy xo
    http://www.roseberrylips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't live near a selfridges either, but I am travelling to birmingham tomorrow to investigate it hehe. I'm pretty pale myself (although I look a bit tanned in these photos) and it's slightly too dark to be a highlighter, but makes a lovely blusher xx

      Delete
  2. This looks so gorgeous on you! I think the packaging is really fun and I love the fact that this can be both a blush and a highlighter! Might have to check it out on my lunch tomorrow :)

    Ellie | Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon that it will work really well as a highlighter on your skin tone as well Ellie, let me know what you think :)X

      Delete
  3. This shade looks beautiful on you! I tend to stay away from corals but seeing how it looks on you I would definatly consider braving it again


    Cant wait till the collection finally launches in my local store!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goregous Poppy! I now really want this haha, your fuelling my MAC habit!xx

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!