Saturday, 2 February 2013

January favourites


This month I have been feeling like everyone else does in January, like all I want to do is eat marshmellows in bed. My beauty regime has really suffered from the cold, the central heating and my own laziness. This month has been all about indulgent oils and low maintainance makeup.


Rens Glycolactic Radiance Renewal mask is brilliant for skin that is feeling a bit dry and lackluster. It is a bio active peel mask which gets rid of dead skin cells, makes skin appear healthier, reduces wrinkles and helps clear blemishes. It tingles slightly when you put it on which is really nice & it smells slightly orangy. I use this weekly basis and I find that it really works.

I spoke about Elizabeth Ardens 8 hours cream before. It is a bit of a wonder product and can be used on skin, hair, lashes, brows, burns and for any little niggle. I have found this product invaluable through the snow and dry cold air, it has kept my skin healthy and quickly sorted out sore lips.


I used to love Cliniques Clarifying lotion and then I completely went off it. Recently, I have started to use it again as I have found that the heavy duty formula is helping to keep my poor skin radiant in the winter. I would recommend this product to anyone who feels that they need something that will really purify and renew your skin, but be warned it can sting.


I have said before that I am not much of a perfume girl. I tend to hate scents that linger for ages, I think I have quite a sensitive reaction to smells. Clarins Eau des Jardins is an EDT spray so naturally it doesn't hang around too long. I have been taking this to work with me and just giving myself a quick spritz. The scent is quite fresh, it smells slightly like a garden and slightly like a grapefruit***. It is an refreshing scent and it is meant to wake you up and lift your mood- perfect for keeping on your desk at work.
(*** I am so bad at describing scents. I'm sorry).


I received this in my Illamasqua eyes and nails box .  It was instantly my favourite out of the box, it is the prettiest colour and the matte finish makes it so interesting. Illamasqua polishes are a little bit hit and miss in my opinion, some go very streaky when applied and are sheer after several coats. Faux Pas is a hit, it is opaque in one coat and it looks smooth and beautiful. I see this being the perfect shade for spring and I can't wait to try some of their i'mperfection polishes.


Morroccan oil is the best hair oil in my opinion, other (cheaper!) argan oils just don't do the same job. I tend to slap tonnes of this on after a shower whilst my hair is still wet and then comb it through. It speeds up the drying process and leaves my hair soft and massively reduces frizz or flyaways. Then I put a little bit on the ends every day and it doesn't weigh it down or leave it greasy... it just helps keep it in perfect condition. This my friends, is a wonder product.


Illamasqua transulcent (it doesn't look white on the face, promise) setting powder is my holy grail face powder, it is absolutely perfect. It smells like vanilla and is so silky and fine that I really enjoy putting it on in the morning. It holds everything in place all day, it reduces shine whilst giving a lovely healthy finish. My only fault in this is that it isn't particularly portable, as it is quite large.

Bobbi Brown Corrector (reviewed here) in light bisque has been an absolute delight this month and has definitely perked my face up on the days when I really just want to stay in bed (every day) I strongly recommend it!

These two work really well to create a quick flawless look. 


I don't think that Benefit make this eye cream shadow in Get Figgy any more. This is a shame as it is a lovely purple/rose gold. I bought this and then put it in my drawer and forgot about it. This month I fished it back out and have been using it and absolutely loving it! It makes a great base, or an all over colour. It is strongly pigmented but blends out easily. I apply this with the real techniques shading brush for a quick wash of colour. I highly recommend Benefits cream shadow, and I hope that this colour gets bought back! I

This liquid liner by Illamasqua works really well with the cream shadow. It is in the shade 'Havoc' which is a beautiful deep purple with red undertones which is brilliant for blue eyes. I'm not a massive fan of black liner as I think it looks too harsh but I love a dramatic eye with cat flicks. For this look a colour like Havoc works really well as it is still dark (suitable for work!) but compliments the face. It dries quickly and makes a nice clean line- perfect!

Sorry that was very Illamasqua heavy, I am absolutely in love with them at the moment! What were your favourite products in January?

13 comments:

  1. the illamasqua powder & bobbi brown corrector are so awesome. perfect combo for sorting out my terrible dark circles xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree with this Caroline, I seem to always get told I look awake and fresh when I wear these two together x

      Delete
  2. Clinique's clarifying lotion is good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, but i'm careful not to overuse it as it is very drying!

      Delete
  3. I love the colour of the nail varnish. I also really want a translucent powder xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deffo recommend the illamasqua one then, it is the best one i've tried and smells so good :)

      Delete
  4. eight hour cream is a godsend!
    also, i have nominated you for a leibster award! :) have a look at

    loralovessequincoats.blogspot.co.uk & my questions are there for you :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so good isn't it :) thank you for thinking of me xxxx

      Delete
  5. I love that REN mask (I love lots of REN products actually) I just wish it wasn't so expensive... :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know but it's worth every penny isn't it :) x

      Delete
  6. I adore that Ren mask too, have just run out of it and I'm devastated! Ha. I must admit though, I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't get on with Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - I can never find anytjing to use it on other than my lips, and even then I don't feel that it does much. Funny how things work so well for some and not others!
    I still need to get around to trying Moroccan Oil. The Illamasqua liner looks gorgeous, I currently only own a black liquid liner so I think you've tempted me to branch out :)
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm close to running out, infact i seem to be running out of far too many expensive products at the moment! It's a shame that 8 hour cream doesnt work for you, I absolutely love it but I'm sure you have a good alternative multi use product :)
      Buy moroccan oil, you wont regret it & your hair will love it :) I also seriously reccommend the eyeliner, it is so much more exciting than black :)
      xxx

      Delete
  7. What a lovely post :) really glad i found your blog!! might have look more into that ren mask sounds just like what i need :) having a nosey at the rest of your blog :p

    Love Emily xx

    love-x-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!