Thursday, 21 February 2013

A little shopping haul- Illamasqua, Topshop and Zara.


On saturday I went up to Birmingham to see my lovely friend Nat and to do a little bit of shopping, it was a bit spontanious and I didn't really have the money to spend but I really felt like I needed a treat and some time away.

First Stop... Illamasqua


I did plan what I wanted from Illamasqua, The blush up brush and the speckled polish. I'll review them both properly in the next few weeks but I am really getting on with them at the moment and think that both are worth the money. 

Next stop... Topshop


Ah, this is where I was a little naughty as I really didn't plan on buying clothes at all. Firstly I saw the disco pants, I'd seen some reviews for them where the thickness and the quality have been raved about. They're actually quite intimidating as they are so narrow on the peg. I did what I'm sure most girls did, I picked up a size bigger than normal as they looked so impossible to put on. I actually ended up buying a size smaller that I would normally go for as they are really stretchy and end up nice and skin tight whilst still being very comfortable.

I couldn't resist the little grey vest top, it's so cute and sits perfectly with the disco pants- showing about an inch of flesh. Beware, if you have boobs then you should go up a couple of sizes does run small and I was worried about a boob popping out from underneath. I prefer my crop tops to be a little bit baggy, especially with disco pants.

Lastly... Zara
 

I picked up a couple of comfy looking jersey tops from Zara, the cotton on both is so soft I just want to rub it on my face- they will be perfect for cosy days in.
The grey top has a quarter length sleeve with a dropped back and comes in tightly around the hips whilst remaining baggy around the middle- it reminds me of varisty and I think it would look great with skinny jeans and a pair of converse.
The orange top has shorter sleeves which are opened to the rib cage and a pleather rim around the colour. It has a dipped hem and is oversized. This would be perfect with a pair of heels and little leather boots.

That was all I bought- more than enough for one day I think!

11 comments:

  1. I love the Illamasqua polish :)

    I know Nat too - small world! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weirdly, she mentioned you in conversation over the weekend! x

      Delete
  2. DISCO PANTS! I can't wait to wear mine, hopefully will be at some point next week when I'm out and about.

    Can't wait to see what you team yours up with hun. :D

    www.brokenprophetblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey beauty, I don't know about you but mine are still in my drawer with their label on- oops! x xx

      Delete
  3. Love these! The Illamasqua polish looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, it can be a pain to remove though.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE that outfit from topshop...
    gosh, i need new clothing. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now is a great time to go- all the spring stuff is in! x

      Delete
  5. Hi Poppy! I hope you had a fab day today - it was lovely seeing you at the meetup! I wish I had read this post before so I could have bought some of these whilst shopping today! Haha :) I am so tempted to try the disco pants because the American Apparel ones are so expensive! I have been wanting a crop top for ages but didn't know what to wear it with! I think they would look amazing with disco pants though so may just have to buy both! Haha :) xx Beauty Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Becky!! It was lovely to see you too, shame we didnt get to talk much but hopefully next time we can talk properly :) I have heard that the topshop ones are as good as the AA ones, although I havent tried the latter so I'm not sure. xxx

      Delete
  6. that illamasqua nail polish is driving me nuts x I want it :)

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/ x

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!