Tuesday, 22 January 2013

NARS Pleasures of Paris eyeshadow palette.


NARS Pleasures of Paris- £39.50.

I bought this palette at the end of November after a particularly shocking working week. I always fall for the makeup trap when I'lm feeling particularly poop, I don't know why shopping makes me feel so much happier, it's almost like I have some form of problem (insert concern here).... Anyway, so I was perusing the NARS webiste. NARS are one of my favourite ever, ever, brands- they're quite expensive but everything I have tried from them has just massively hit the spot. As is was such a rubbish week, I really felt that NARS was the only company who could ease my pain. With a little help from the absolutely gorgeous Clara from Countess Du Blush (such an enabler) I decided on the Pleasures of Paris eye shadow palette and voila, here we are.

Back story over with, lets get down to business. Pleasures of Paris has 6 beautiful shades in it.

Top Row: Nepal, Violetta, Demon Lover. 
Bottom Row: Fez, Abyssinia, Cordura.

Nepal and Fez are shimmery warm and with a lovely golden tone, they work brilliantly together.
Abyssinia is a brilliant highlighter that is versatile and works beautifully with all the other shades. 
Violetta and Demon Lover are matte shades. Violetta looks quite neutral on the skin making a great base whilst Demon Lover is rich and intense and helps create an interesting smokey eye. 
Cordura is a charcoal grey with gold shimmer in, I use this as a liner mainly but it would work to create a dramatic look. 
 All of the shades are intense, they last all day without a primer and they don't smudge. 

I love the versatility of this palette, it is neutral enough to be a daily palette whilst still be interesting. As much as I love the Urban Decay Naked palette, I do get bored of browns and this is when the Pleasures of Paris palette really comes into its own. It is interesting without being too out there making it perfect for work and play. 

Well done NARS, once again you've impressed me. I love you. 


11 comments:

  1. Lovely pics and post. I could do with a new eye shadow, am feeling tempted xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can never have enough eye shadow :) xx

      Delete
  2. This palette is absolutely gorgeous! xx
    http://beautyisunwrittenxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is and it is surprisingly versatile! x

      Delete
  3. this looks amazing, want! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ths pallette looks lovely Poppy! I feel a Nars splurge coming on! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's such a beaut Justine, I'm trying to save my next splurge for the archie collections release but trying to stay out of space nk is proving difficult! x

      Delete
  5. This is such a nice palette, if it weren't for the purpley shade which I'd never really use I'd want to buy it. Lovely swatches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The purple is my least used shade, but it is a workable shade & when blended out it looks really nice x

      Delete
  6. One of my favourite palettes. I debated getting it for a so long and was so glad when I finally did. The Modern Love palette is also a great one to have!.. Just throwing that out there if you want to splurge again! :-)

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!