Thursday, 10 January 2013

MAC Russian Red Lipglass.



A staple product, the MAC Russian Red lipstick has adorned my drawer for about 4 years. Recently though i've found myself more drawn to pinks or corals and away from the bold look that a red lip delivers. Making my russian red lipstick lonely and forgotten about. I recently had to throw it away as I noticed that it was looking a bit dry and a bit past it's time, it had shrivelled and died and it would not see another night out. So whilst mourning the loss of a once loved lipstick, I found myself on the Debenhams website perusing the MAC sale. I thought about rebuying the lipstick, but afraid that it would remain unused for years again, I decided to go for the Russian Red Lipglass.

Lipglass is a brilliant product from MAC. They are highly pigmented, so they retain their colour rather than going opaque as soon as they are applied. They aren't particularly sticky which means that they don't attract your hair on a windy day and they rarely slide out of place- pretty much all the qualities that I hate in a regular lipgloss are rectified with this product. Russian Red is no different, it is an instant shock of colour that captures your attention, you don't need to worry about it transferring on to teeth or you know... across your face because it just stays in place. Being a gloss, your lips look healthy, shiney and nourised and you do not end up with dry patches of colour after a few hours.

So do I prefer the Russian Red lipstick or lipglass? at the moment, I'm very glad that I decided to go for the lipglass. I think that red is quite a daring colour to pull off and a gloss is a nice bridge into being confident for the full blown colour. You can build the colour up slowly, by just dabbing it on to your lips rather than go for the full slick which makes it more versatile for a daily basis and I love having shiney lips. It has made me alot more confident to go back to the lipstick and I think that I will have to put it on my to buy list, along with the cherry lipliner because I am still a little worried about it bleeding onto my skin!

I think that I will be rocking a red lip for the rest of winter, what is your current favourite lip colour?

I bought my lipglass for £12.15 from Debenhams (sale price- no longer in sale). You can buy them from the M.A.C website at the regular price of £13.50.




18 comments:

  1. This colour is gorgeous and it really suits you! I love MAC Lipglosses :)

    Christina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I have never had a lipgloss from Mac before but this looks so great, such a rich colour. Love a red lip - you really suit it too. Happy friday!
    Lianne x
    ps. I've nominated you for a Liebster award - http://rubyrubyslippers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/55-happy-thoughts.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea they made RR into a lipglass! It is SO gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. This colour looks gorgeous on you!

    I've never really been brave enough to wear bright red lipstick outdoors (I've only done it once, lol!) but I think I need to give myself a kick up the backside and go ahead and do it! I think this colour just radiates confidence and I think I'll pick it up! Have you tried any of the other lipglasses? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should defintiely rock the red more, it's a great confidy bence boost :) this is my first adventure into the lipglass collection as I have a bit of an obession with the Illamasqua glosses, but I actually prefer the formula of MAC so a conversion may be in order x

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous colour! Just discovered you blog, it's lovely :) Nice to see a fellow blogger from Gloucestershire - I grew up there! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That color looks amazing on you! Wish I could pull off a red lip like that!

    Btw, just stumbled upon your blog & I love it! New follower over here :)

    xx Louise
    A Little Beauty Luxury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, i'm so scared of it going all over my face though haha! thank you for following :) I hope you come back for the odd natter x

      Delete
  7. This colour looks so beautiful on you, I love it!
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. that lipgloss is lovely its such a great colour . it really suits you!

    lizzie-florence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!