Wednesday, 30 January 2013

January 2013.


January is always a bit of a rubbish month isn't it? Everyone is skint, it's always cold, it's always dark, christmas has gone. It's just not the most anticipated month in the calendar year.

For me, I've had a pretty exciting month. I started my new job, it's going well so far which is good. The people in my new office(s) seem nice and i'm slowly settling myself in to a new routine and learning the new processes in this department. On my first day, I managed to fall off my chair once and get lost once... not a bad start if I say so myself. Since then, I have managed to lock myself out of my office (forgot the door code d'oh!) and had to hang around in the corridor until an academic who knew the code happened to walk by. Since then it's gone a bit smoother and I haven't made myself look like a complete doughnut. Hopefully from here I can stop being a scatty uncoordinated muppet and become a sophisticated member of society... wishful thinking I know.

I also had a birthday! That was pretty fun, but i've already discussed that in a post a little further down. It already feels like forever ago when in reality it was only a couple of weeks ago. I keep forgetting that I am 22 and telling people I'm 21 and then remembering... and getting scared about being old.

I said that I would go to the gym in January... that isn't going too well, I've only been once. But it has been so cold and slippy, bed and biscuits have been more appealing. Hopefully the winter freeze will soon be over and I can really get into my happier healthier me that I really want to be. The cold and the dark has meant that I am really struggling to get out of bed in the morning, so the sooner spring hurries up the better.

I'm also really surprised and impressed with how well letsdrivefaraway is doing this year, you've all been wonderfully supportive and in January I somehow gained a whopping 50 new followers- so to everyone new who's decided to drive away with me, thank you. You've all put an untold amount of smiles onto my face, I can't wait to see what happens next!

How was your January?

12 comments:

  1. good luck on your new job and happy belated bday ^^

    Caroline
    Please feel free to join my giveaway : $80 MsDressy Gift Voucher
    http://missoline.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have had a good month :)I don't like January - It's the worst month! Seems like you are settling into your job well!
    22 sounds old but I think it's a good age, you're an adult but you don't have to act completely grown up yet. That's how I see it anyway :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks maria :) i don't think i'll ever act completely grown up to be fair!! I hope feb treats you better lovely xxx

      Delete
  3. sounds like a pretty exciting month, loads better than mine! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no, what was your january like? I hope february is kinder to you :) x

      Delete
  4. Seems like you've had a better month than me, I've been snowed under with uni applications and coursework deadlines! What new job have you got? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah i've also been snowed under with uni applications, except from the other side as I work in faculty administration at a university :) everyone seems to have a rubbish month, I hope you enjoy feb more!! :) x

      Delete
  5. i just followed you... thanks for commenting on my post! Ps I loveeeee your header! The illustration is soo lovely!!
    Fiona http://theprettybeautiful.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you for following :):) my header was designed by Jaymie- all her contact details are listed on my about poppy page :) x

      Delete
  6. God luck with your new job, I always forget the door codes too:)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I've now written them down and stuck them to the back of my staff card just incase haha x

      Delete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!