Sunday, 13 January 2013

Illamasqua- Freak Eau De Parfum.




Welcome to the first perfume post that I have ever written, I hope that my friend Nat is proud of me as it was her who convinced me to buy this, all the way back in November. Now, you might be wondering why it has taken me so long to write up this post (well i'm sure that you aren't thinking that but i'll tell you anyway!), it is because I really never bother with perfume. I usually end up at my destination of choice and only then go 'oh yeah, I forgot perfume...' it just isn't an essential to me.

I decided to go for Freak by Illamasqua after sampling it once and not being able to stop thinking about it for a solid two months. By that point I figured that I probably should just buy it and stop being such a er.. freak. So I parted with some cash and the ambition to wear it daily and then... I completely forgot about it. There's something not quite right there. However, when I have managed to put it on, I haven't been able to stop sniffing myself, it's the most curious heavy scent i've ever smelled in my life.

Illamasqua describe it as "a concoction of dangerously exotic unconventional flowers that Illamasqua has unashamedly blended together to celebrate the night." That is Illamasqua all over: unconventional and unshameful. They are a brand that appeal to the drama queen in all of us, they play with our senses and our emotions to create dramatic looks that are true to their inspirations, from 1920s to the alternative scene. If Freak wasn't something completely different, weird yet incredible, then I would have been dissapointed.

I won't bother to explain what makes the scent what it is, I'm not a perfume buff and it would be a case of googling it and reproducing it- something which just doesn't seem worth it. If you are massively into ingredients and such then I urge you to look it up as I have it on good assurance that it is a massively interesting blend. I will tell you though that it is heavy, it is different, it is dark and it is strange. I think it's a bit of a Marmite scent, as it is so distinctive I could see people hating it- personally I adore it.

Leave your florals at the door and pick up Freak. For 30ml it costs £34.00, for 75ml it is £59.00 and you can buy from the Illamasqua website.

11 comments:

  1. I am very intrigued by the box's illustration. It's very pretty. I'm not a fan of musky or heavy scents, it makes me very queasy. Although, Victoria Secret's Very Sexy I was able to kinda handle. I just love my fruitsy scents :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a design Illamasqua regularly use, it's really beautiful isn't it.
      I'm a fan of fruity and floraly scents normally, but this is something really special and worth a sniff :)

      Delete
  2. I personally love musky, heavy scents, so I will definitely be checking this out when I see it.

    I followed your blog and perhaps you could check mine out and maybe even follow? It would mean a lot :) x

    fashionfalling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me know how you get on with it, thank you for following :) x

      Delete
  3. Just wanted to say hello! And also perhaps confess that I've just spent the best part of an hour reading your blog. New favourite blog, without a doubt :) x

    Viktoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a lovely compliment! thank you so much for spending so long reading, I hope to see you around here for a natter in the future :) x

      Delete
  4. I got a sample of this in a glossy box and I have to confess I really like it. I'm not usually keen on heavy scents but I think it would make a perfect evening or going out scent :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is a confession worth confessing :) I'm not normally a heavy scent girl either, as I don't wear much perfume, I really notice when I do. you're right it would be perfect for a night out. x

      Delete
  5. Your blog header is beautiful, love it

    Helen

    WWW.fragile-bird.blogspot.Co.UK

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I really love it too. It was designed by Jaymie from http://jaymieocallaghan.blogspot.co.uk/ I reccomend checking her out, she is a delight :) x

      Delete
  6. Whenever I wear this perfume I think of you Poppy. :) Thank you for the mention, we must go shopping again soon! ^_^

    http://brokenprophetblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!