Sunday, 20 January 2013

A happy belated birthday to me.


Happy birthday to me 
Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday poppy 
Happy birthday to me.

It it was my 22nd birthday on friday, like the rest of the south west we had a moderate three or four inches of snow which made for a memorable day. But it completely changed my plans for the day and it was a bit of an odd one. 
 I started the day by opening a few presents with my mum and my step dad, they were very kind and brought me the beautiful satchel from the cambridge satchel company pictured above (I'll do a post on it seperately, it is the most gorgeous thing). I then went into work, despite the snow and the bad conditions and the sort of... excuse for not going in, I was good and went anyway. I then went home a couple of hours later. Me and my sister work for the same company so we took ourselves off for lunch then went home for a while. 
After this, my sister very bravely drove us over to my dads house which is about ten miles away (but felt like a hundred in the snow). This was followed by a nice walk over to my dads for more present opening- he very kindly brought me the GHD air pictured above, again full review to come. Due to the bad weather, we just ordered in Dominoes and had a chilled evening.
 Maybe once the snow clears I'll get to do some proper celebrating but i'm very grateful to the effort everyone went to in the lousy weather and thank you to the kind folk that left me messages on twitter/facebook/instagram :)

I can't believe i'm 22, it feels so old. 
 

19 comments:

  1. I turned 22 a couple of weeks ago, it does feel old doesn't it! Happy Belated Birthday.
    The Life of Emily-Alice


    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!! For it to snow on your birthday sounds really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I have a Cambridge satchel and its soooo wonderful! :)

    Elle xxx
    http://ellelouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took mine out for the first time today, I got so many compliments :) x

      Delete
  4. Ah happy belated birthday! You got some lovely stuff you lucky thing (: Love your choice of satchel colour as well (: xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I feel very lucky :) it's so beaut isn't it! x

      Delete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday! :) I'm 23 this year, I feel practically ancient! That satchel is lovely, the colour is amazing! And I have a GHD hairdryer, it's pretty good so I think you'll like it!
    Frankie xx
    http://coffeeshopsandcardigans.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) Oh gosh I dont want to think that 23 is next haha! I have given it a whirl and it is definitely better than my old dryer :)
      xx

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how this was deleted... I read your lovely comment on email though, thank you for your birthday wishes xx

      Delete
  7. happy belated birthday honey, your gifts are amazingggggg!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! Glad you had a good day despite the snow. Your satchel is beautiful!! Such an amazing gift - lucky you! :-)
    Lianne x
    rubyrubyslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I cant stop looking at it, I've even found a display point for it in my room so it is still there to look at even when i'm just lounging at home xxx

      Delete
  9. Happy (late) birthday! That satchel is so so beautiful, I'm beyond jealous! Plus my lunch is cooking and the thought of Domino's is now driving me insane...

    P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog! Much appreciated, I'm now following as your blog is adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, it is beaut isnt it! pretty much my favourite thing ever, I dont think I'm ever going to stop using it. I could do with a Dominoes too now haha.
      Thank you for following, thats really sweet of you :) xx

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous satchel. I love the embossing...sadly, my initials are VD so it wouldn't work so well for me, haha. A belated happy birthday to you xx

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!