Thursday, 20 December 2012

YSL-Luxurious Mascara Set


False Lash Effect Mascara and Top Secret Eye Makeup Remover- £23.

I picked up this luxury mascara set containing the above items in debenhams as they had a deal on with beauty points. After my Urban Decay- Supercurl had ran out I thought that another mascara wouldn't hurt to own and 1000 beauty points really sweetened the deal.

Mascara
I have included before and after pictures (apologies for lighting!) which shows that it really does build up alot of volume and length- I'm impressed with the outcome and I am happy that my lashes are fanned out not clogged. The brush is made with the 'hairy' style bristles, yet they are very short and stumpy which I think makes it apply evenly and thickly. £23 may be a little steep to spend on a mascara but if you are going to invest in a high end mascara- invest in this one.

Top Secret Eye Makeup Remover
I definitely wouldn't bother buying this product on it's own. It's slightly greasy, stings my eyes and doesn't remove makeup with ease. I found that I was sweeping over my eye about 10-15 times before the makeup was removed and as a result my eyes have felt quite sore. In my opinion it is not worth the money and I am glad that I received it as a free gift with the more impressive mascara.

All in all, this is a nice little gift set and a brilliant present to get for someone who is in to high end beauty, or as I have- a treat for someone in need of a mascara that works!




9 comments:

  1. I love this mascara and think it is so worth the money, and i agree on the eye make up remover i found that it really dried my eyelids out- not a good product at all. great blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eugh same, I had some horrible red patches by the corners of my eyes after a few days use! xx

      Delete
  2. The mascara looks amazing on your eyelashes! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This mascara looks great on your lashes, your lashes are so long :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's definitely the mascara giving them a healthy boost :) x

      Delete
  4. The mascara looks amazing!
    http://roxysboxoftricks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!