Thursday, 13 December 2012

Quick Update


YSL Haul. Wintery mornings. Gorgeous smelling candle.
Posing with my girl Bella. New lippy- Creme Cup by M.A.C. Cosy evenings in bed.
Oh christmas tree, Oh christmas tree. Paris Palette- Nars. Job offer letter. 

What to say about life recently? 

This year the phrase 'it's always darkest before the dawn' really seems to be applying itself. I've gone through these awful patches to come out to glorious opportunities and events. The pattern is exhausting, but this time it feels different. I think that I may be ready to move into the next phase of life. 

So firstly i'll skim over the rubbish parts, work has just completely taken over and I was getting myself overly worked up and stressed about the amount that I had to do. Long story short I just felt like I wasn't able to do the job- now I think that there is only so much that one person can do. 

My contract was sharply coming to an end and I wasn't sure if it would be extended. I didn't know if I wanted it to be extended. Then a job came up in a different department and I just thought that perhaps it would be a good idea to see if I was able to get it. 

Well I did. I have a lovely shiny new job waiting for me in the new year and on the 8th of December I will still be a member of staff at the University but in a completely different role and that is beyond exciting. Was it tacky to post a picture of my salary? Perhaps. But the idea of having a permenant job on a good salary is exhilarating. 

I've come a really long way since I slaved over a coffee machine all day. Since my legs used to burn from standing up all day. That was only six months ago so god only knows where I will be in another six months and what life has in store for me.... I look forward to seeing what happens. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job, sure you'll love it! :) How do you like Creme Cup? I always drool over it when I look at it online. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you hon!! It's really pretty and stays on for ages. Review to come:) xx

      Delete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!