Thursday, 27 December 2012

NARS Laguna Bronzer




Bronzer is sort of my 'should I? shouldn't I?' product. I'm so fair skinned that bronzer seems really scary. I only own one bronzer and it took alot of swatching, dithering and worrying to finally commit to buying. That bronzer is indeed Laguna (it would be a bit of an odd review if it wasn't).This is the second laguna palette that I have owned. The first was a duo with the Orgasm Blusher, has lasted about seven months and there is about a quater of the pan left- pretty long lasting I think. 

What is brilliant about the laguna bronzer is that it is a lovely and warm shade, with a slight gold shimmer to it. This makes it perfect for paler skinned girls as it blends in so easily and creates a natural sun kissed effect. Like all NARS products it is highly pigmented, making a little go a long way.

I tend to use it on my cheekbones, forehead, nose and chin... so basically all over my face. I tend to concentrate it on my cheeks and just sweep a dusting over my face and I use it every day.  Personally, I think that it works the best when I pair it with the NARS Orgasm blusher, they have a similar golden glow and it definitely warms the skin. 

Any Cons? Well, I find that NARS products in general are a bit too wide in the pan and too thin. They would benefit from being slightly deeper as I tend to hit the pan within a couple of months. Once I have hit the pan i'm then terrified of it shattering and don't take it out of the house- a bit annoying when bronzer is something that could do with a retouch throughout the day. I also don't think that this shade would work as nicely on those with darker skin tones as it is quite a delicate shade. 

Do you use the laguna bronzer? What do you think of it? 

Laguna retails for £25 and can be bought here .




6 comments:

  1. I'm exactly the same with bronzers being a similar shade of pasty white hahah! I've got a Rimmel one, that's like a trio, and it's the only one I've ever tried from any brand that doesn't make me look like I've smeared wotsits across my cheeks haha. I'll definitely have to have a look at NARS' offerings! This shade looks delightful on you- picks up your skin tone but without being obvious. I know what you mean about the fear of shattering too haha, I think my face powder's on its last legs unfortunately :/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh the problems with being pale, ey charlotte! you're so right about the cheesy wosit thing and I HATE looking orange which is why I was so terrified of bronzer. I think this would work really well on your skin tone as well. I have had nightmares about them shattering before and had to get out of bed to check they're still alive haha xxx

      Delete
  2. the color looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laguna is so lovely, it looks nice and subtle on you, I know what you mean though the fear of it shattering is terrible...it seems to shatter for everyone too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Holly :) I know- mine has not left the house once haha xx

      Delete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!