Saturday, 1 December 2012

I'm dreaming of America.

Of beautiful skylines
Seasons that aren't just grey and drizzle
Excitement at the holidays
Chatting to strangers in the street
Cook outs at the neighbours
Discovering state parks
Arriving in new cities with no idea what to do,
Cocktails at Applebees
Pool parties
The smog of New York 
Chilling in Central Park 
Crowded dirty subways 
The fresh air in Chicago 
The humitity of Florida
Magnolia Bakery 


Right now I don't know what to do. Running away to America was always the easy option seeing as my Dad was there but not it isn't quite so easy and I don't know if a crappy month is enough to pack in everything and run back to a place where I hold such amazing memories. It's not going to solve all my problems and it isn't the grown up or the sensible response and maybe if I hadn't run away so many times before and actually faced bad times then I may actually enjoy what I have going on currently.Except I love America and I have never regretted a trip there before- there is so much I want to see and I don't want to waste time here when I could be enjoying myself there. I have more than enough saved and I know exactly who I could stay with until I am sorted. I have some serious thinking to do.

Has running away ever working for you?



1 comment:

  1. While running away is never a good plan, America is ALWAYS a good plan so I think it balances out. I say do it, I know I would! x

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!