Friday, 2 November 2012

Home could be anywhere.


I maintain that I could be anywhere in the world and be happy. I've travelled- for a while I lived in the States, I was born in Cyprus and have visited a multitude of countries. I've falled in love with Florence, Paris, Barcelona, Toronto, New York, Washington DC, Chicago and Miami. I have no problem with solo trans atlantic flights and plan on spreading my wings far and wide for as long as possible.

 My heart, however, firmly belongs on my home turf. I have had a solid base in Cheltenham since I was 3 and wherever in the world i've been- I've always treasured my quiet cotswolds town. 

We have this perfect blend of urban mini town (we have the best New Look) mixed with posh boutiques and rolling countryside that makes me melt every time. We get the best of everything & it's brilliant to escape the hustle and bustle and just go sit on top of a hill and chill for a while. all in a 5 mile radius. Where else in the world could I leave my car on the main road all day with the door unlocked and a 160GB iPod on the front seat. We are the definition of 'Safe Town'.

This month hasn't been easy, there has been heart break, rough times and it just simply has not been easy. As always, the comfort of home has been there and its duvet soft embrace has kept me afloat. Thank you Cheltenham for being there for me and giving me warm coffee shops to ponder my thoughts in.

 Thats all I have this home girl has to say. Tell me about your home town and how you find security inside of it.

Until next time....



10 comments:

  1. Going home is always comforting for me too. I think we're lucky to have a familiar place to retreat! Although I lived in England for two years, I never visited Cheltenham, but it sounds really nice :)

    x Ellie @ Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ellie :) Home has unknown pleasures in it doesn't it. No matter what home is or where in the world it is. If you come back over anytime soon, let me know & i'll show you around my home time delights x

      Delete
  2. I actually used to live in Gloucester and have to admit Cheltenham is a lovely town

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you did?! come back soon, we can have cake :) x

      Delete
  3. Oh this is sweet :) You're so travelled! I was born in France and moved to England when I was about 7, so I don't really have the experience of growing up somewhere since being very little. Home is always a comfort though, mainly for the people there! Take care X Oh and let me know if you try the falafels, I have another veggie 'recipe' coming up really soon! And of course you're more than welcome round for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I do need to make your falafels they looked so delicious, i've been craving them- but, as always, too busy to make them! Home is definitely about the people and the fluffy animals, I could'nt be without them :) xx

      Delete
  4. Hello again Poppy, so sorry to read that you have had a difficult and painful month, but I'm pleased that you found solace at home. A sense of belonging somewhere, where you can just 'be', is very comforting. No questions, no explanations, no rush, no pressure: home sounds like just what you needed :) Hope things start looking up for you soon x
    http://modemadeleine.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home is definitely the comfort and cure to rough times isn't it. Thank you sweet heart x

      Delete
  5. My mum's from Cheltenham, but I've never been. I definitely need to visit with her at some point though. :) I hope things get better for you, sorry to hear that you've been having a rough time. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is?! you should definitely come visit, we'd have to meet up and have coffee and sweet treats :) Thank you lovely, I am sure it will pick up soon x

      Delete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!