Sunday, 25 November 2012

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant.

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant- 38.50 for 75g

Dermalogica is a brand that I quite like, their slightly clinical packaging and tip top repuation really makes me trust them to look after my skin. Time and time again I have invested in their products and been outstounded by their quality and ease of use. I have never found a daily exfoliator that works on a daily basis, as strange as that may sound. I have sensitive skin which does not like having grains rubbed into it on a daily basis. Therefore I have always relied on a heavy duty weekly scrub and a toner to get rid of any dead skins and ignored the world of daily exfoliators- disregarding them as being too harsh for my sensitive souled skin.

I received Daily Microfoliant in Novembers Glossybox. I was pleased to receive a product from a brand that I love, yet I did not expect to use it as per instruction. However I have used it daily for the last ten days or so and have been impressed by it's gentle yet effective nature. The product is made from rice grains and comes in a powder form. You simple shake 'half a teaspoon' into wet hands and them form a creamy paste before applying it to your face. I come from the Jamie Oliver school of measuring and there have been no teaspoons near me when I clean my face. So I just shake it until I think there is enough there. Little Miss Know It All syndrome strikes again- and judging by their video I have only been using about a quarter of what they reccomend!

I really like the fact that it is a powder. It means that the bottle doesn't get messy, the product won't dry out and it feels like you're getting more product for your money. I also feel like the freshness is preserved in powder form. As there are enzymes, rice particles and other good sounding ingredients- I almost feel like I am kickstarting them into action, getting that important buzz of the ingredients and really doing my skin some good.

The experience of rubbing it onto your face is very pleasurable. The microfoliant particles are very tiny and rather than feeling rough and grainy, it feels creamy with just a hint of a buffing factor to it. For this reason I really enjoy massaging this in. It also smells like rice, a nice bland smell which is neither good nor bad, it just adds to the experience. It is important to rinse it off and then follow with a moisturiser as my skin feels quite tight afterwards. Followed with moisturiser (I am currently using Philosophy- Hope In a Jar) my skin feels devine.

All in all, I am extremely happy with this product and will definitely buy the full sized product when I have finished up this small bottle and I would encourage anyone with sensitive, slightly dry, skin to follow suit and give this a try.

Lots of Love,







Ps- I seem to have run out of space in my picasa album linked to this blog! I have to admit, I wasn't even aware that I had a storage limit- oops. Has anyone encounted this problem and found a free way to get around it? I'm far to tight to spend a couple of quid on storage a month if I don't have to.

6 comments:

  1. I got this in my glossy box too but haven't tried it yet! It sounds fab so I'm definitely going to give it a go before bed tonight :)

    Gem x
    http://www.gemmameansjewel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the one thing I wanted in my Glossybox and I didn't get it, was really disappointed! It sounds lovely- great review
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried Dermalogica before, but the products look great. Something like this would be perfect for my skin, which is getting drier in the winter months! Great review :)

    xx Ellie
    www.ellalogy.com 
    deborah lippmann giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried this brand but want to test someday. your blog is lovely. I'll be happy if you check out my blog too and maybe we can follow each other:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use it , You will really get some good experience @ rainbow

      Delete
  5. beauty900 selling product with 10%
    discount ,goto http://beauty900.co.uk/dermalogica-daily-microfoliant-75g for product & copupon code from facebook.com/beauty900

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!