Thursday, 4 October 2012

Nars Foreplay Palette


L-R Gold Highlighter, Orgasm, pink matte blush, peach matte blush
Last Friday, as a treat for completing my essay I allowed myself to buy something outragiously expensive for my face. I had been perusing all the usual online makeup haunts and had a list the length of my arm of potential buys. To me, I think if you want it all... then your dream item isn't in your basket. So I kept looking... and then I went onto Nars. Dream item... found. 

I have been coveting the Foreplay palette since early rumours of its release began to circulate in the USA, over the summer I tried to get my hands on it as my stepmum lived there and regularly went to Sephora on my behalf. She tried to no luck. I could easily have cried forever and I accepted there was a very good chance I wasn't ever going to own it. My jaw literally dropped when I saw it on the Nars website last week and I knew it was the one, tonight it is sitting in my lap- no other beauty purchase has felt this good. 

Now on to the product. It is based around the Orgasm blush, which is incredibly famous and an absolute cult classic. I adore Orgasm, it is my go-to blusher. I wear it ever single day, no matter where I am going or what I am doing, it is just so versatile. The pink and peach undertones means that it matches so many skin types and the gentle gold glow really does perk up your complexion. I could bang on about how much I love Orgasm all night. It is just.. the best. 

So a whole palette based around Orgasm is literally the best idea EVER. When you line the colours up (see swatches above) you can see how it has been deconstructed. There is a very bright pink and a reddy peach- these are the two undertone colours. The bright gold is that gorgeous shimmer that sets Orgasm apart. 

The colours are.... incredibly intense. I swatched with my usual heavy handed approach to putting on blusher and well... I scared myself a little bit. Note to self, be gentle or your cheeks will be scarlet. So light handed approach taken and I adore them. I slightly prefer the peach, but maybe that is because the pink is so intense I haven't worked out how to use it to its full potential.

I have found the gold is very versatile, a little sweep over the whole area gives it the Orgasm vibe, concentrated on your cheek and brow bones and it can be a great highlighter, use a hard angle brush to turn it into liner or use it as part of your eyeshadow. Incredible. 

Plus it has a brilliant slutty name.

Foreplay can be bought at Nars for 39.50. 

 

10 comments:

  1. i love nars blushers and bronzers, and their names are brilliant haha!
    athannahfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this at sephora! I would love to get this but the price...

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the "it has a brilliantly slutty name", hahaha! This really does look incredibly pretty. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is gorgeous!! Haha, I must admit it feels a bit naughty to tell people what my latest addition to my collection is- Love nars for that! xxx

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing! I love Nars blushers, deep throat is my fave!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh deep throat is another firm favourite of mine! x

      Delete
  5. This looks beautiful. Think it is been streamed straight to the christmas list!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me know how you get on with it :)

      Delete
  6. I'd love to own this but I don't think Ican't get away with asking my parents for a palette named this!

    Fashionxxjunkie.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!