Thursday, 11 October 2012

meet your miracle maker- bridge the ridge.


Bridge the Ridge- Save the Nail. 7.50 Boots.
Ladies (and gentlemen) you need to buy this. 

I have the worst nails, they peel and crack all the time. They're so weak that as soon as they grow, they bend and break. I have huge ridges around the top where they keep peeling and quite frankly they're a mess. I put this down to poor diet and years of biting (although I don't anymore). 

 Last month, my mum bought this lovely little bottle of glory, I tried it once and havent looked back since. It works as a filler, giving the nail surface a nice smooth finish. It also temporarity seals any splits or peeling nail, this means that a broken nail doesn't mean that you have to cut it off- or a peel won't end up travelling towards the nail bed. 

Another brilliant benefit, is that it keeps your nail varnish on for days without chipping. This is an absolute revolution, as I used to repaint my nails every other day. Now I can leave them for around 4 days... I usually only end up taking polish off because I want to move on to the next colour- not because they look a mess. 

The formula is ultra quick drying, only requires one coat and is quite thin- making it easy to apply. Worn on it's own, it helps to protect the nail and give it a nice shine. With colour on top it is hardwearing with a smooth finish. 

Needless to say, I have now purchased my own bottle (instead of borrowing my poor mums) and am incredibly glad we found it!

It can be bought in all major boots stores, but unfortunately isn't on the website!

What do you think, would you give this a go? Do you have a miracle nail product to share?

 

8 comments:

  1. This sounds great, my nails go through little phases of peeling so this could be a life (or nail) saver! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely one for you then sweetie, it may not repair but just the protection it provides helps them to grow strong again xx

      Delete
  2. I neeeeeed to give this a go! I haven't painted mine for ages simply because they just keep cracking and peeling and generally looking shabby. But lack of varnish appears not to have worked :( So something like this sounds perfect!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine are genuinely too horrific not to be painted! xx

      Delete
  3. aargh my nails are crapola too! I've started taking a hair and nail vitamin supplement that a friend recommended but frankly i'm not seeing any improvement. might have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hair and nail vits do work, but the problem is that it only helps with the nail that is yet to grow rather than the ends! this+vitamins may be the answer :)

      Delete
  4. I purchased the nail hardnener version of this just 2 days as an alternative to OPI as I wanted a cruelty free option.

    I'm seeing how good it is. I'm hoping it will be decent judging by your review of this :)

    Amy xx
    http://alittleboatsailing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh let me know how the nail hardener is, I could definitely do with stronger nails! x

      Delete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!