Tuesday, 16 October 2012

a capsule makeup bag

Real Techniques contour and shading brush. Benefit instant brow pencil
Benefit: High Beam, Lip Gloss in Foxy Lady, Lipstick in Pillow Talk, Bad Gal, YSL Touche Eclat Foundation

17 peepshow eyeshadow palette, Benefit Dandelion Powder
Biosilk hair therapy, Elemis moisturiser, Balance Me eye cream, Lipcote


I am definitely a girl with a bit of a makeup obsession. I keep about 99% in a highly organised drawer, all in its original box and organised by product type. In the morning I like to take a good half hour to put my face and hair together and then put everything back into its home. 

Now, because of this, I just hate to pack a makeup bag to take with me every day. It wouldn't be in the right place in the morning and this would absolutely drive me mental! 

So instead I have created my only little capsule makeup bag. The brilliance lies in the fact that it just lives in my bag and doesnt come out to play in the morning- Although it rarely comes out in the day, I always know it is there if I need a topup.

I tend to use minatures as they can be refilled from the full sized bottles and weigh very little! For instance, the little bottle of foundation was the original YSL sample before I invested in a bottle... now I just refill it every so often and it is good to go. 

Important items in here are: hair oil and grips, eyebrow pencil and lip gloss!
The item I personally love: Eye cream (perfect for those who get sore eyes at work!)

What would you put in a capsule makeup bag? How do you take your makeup round with you? 

ps- I promise that Benefit haven't enslaved me!


14 comments:

  1. I have a make up bag too that I keep in my bag. It's great for mid afternoon in work when my skin needs a little bit of a pick me up!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ditto, the 2-5 slot at work is horrific enough without having lost all my makeup! x

      Delete
  2. Love these posts, I am so nosey =) I wish I could capsule my make up! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it, go round a few makeup counters and get little samples and you're on your way :)

      Delete
  3. How is the Balance Me eye cream? I tend to only carry around lipbalm/tint with me in the day, but there's definitely times when it's handy to have a few little products in my bag. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it! This is a glossybox sample, but I will get the full version it's so soothing.xxx

      Delete
  4. I actually cannot live without Brow Zings and Dandelion. Seriously.

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see your make-up organisation because I need some inspiration for that :)

    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lacey, I'll try and do a post on it soon :)

      Delete
  6. I just love make up so much, I love it that you have miniatures of all of your products to carry around :) hopefully one day I will have my own version of this ;) all your make up looks lovely, I really want the benetint (you can tell them that, haha, jokes:) ) the ysl foundation is supposed to be fantastic! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've sort of built it up from scouring makeup counters, gift sets and glossybox samples! I love the ysl foundation its so adaptable.xxx

      Delete
  7. Like this post - i need to downsize, it's embarrassing when you've got 2 plastic bags at the airport :)

    I’m also running a giveaway so would love if you could enter! http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/models-own-giveaway-in-fuzzy-peach.html

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!