Monday, 27 August 2012

Reading Festival 2012





This time yesterday I was lying at the back of the NME tent, crying with laughter with one of my best friends, if I could go back, I would. Reading and Leeds is over for another year and right now I am inundated with post festival blues. 

From great bands to great laughs to some surprisingly good festival food (honestly, eat from the vegetarian stands- they have some slightly healthy and delicious choices). It was the best weekend of the year & the best festival i've potentially been to. 

Bands I saw: 
Friday
The Cure | You Me At Six | The Courteeners | Passion Pit | The Blackout | Spector | Hadouken | Bastille | The Hives
Saturday
Kasabian | Florence and The Machine | The Vaccines | OFWGKTA | Mystery Jets | Greenday | Miike Snow | Pure Love
Sunday
Foo Fighters | The Black Keys | Kaiser Cheifs | All Time Low | Gaslight Anthem | Pulled Apart By Horses | Of Monsters and Men | Mark Lanegon Band | Mongol Horde | Howler

I cried when The Cure came on stage, danced my little bum off to The Courteeners, gained some serious love for Spector, Bastille and Of Monsters and Men, raced over to the NME stage to get to see Greenday- their crowd got so big they sectioned the stage off!, Pretended that I was Florence, did some serious singing along to The Vaccines, Perved over Frank Turner playing with his punk Band Mongol Horde and got to the front to be amazed by The Foo Fighters. 

I almost had to punch a girl on the friday morning & saw far too many arses falling out of the bottom of shorts (when did I miss the memo that saggy bum was a good look?). The atmosphere was amazing and the air smelt like festival. It barely rained, the sun shone & I had so much fun.

Same time, same place next year? Without a doubt.

Twitter: @poppy839

10 comments:

  1. You've taken my words out of my mouth.. Went to the Sunday SW4 fest and actually nearly cried at how many bottoms I could see. It was disgusting! Some ladies need to learn that it is not a good look (and shame on the friends for not saying that!)
    Rache, xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh rach, honestly I felt like going up and telling them! It's not even a size/weight thing. It's the fact that they feel the need to expose their arses. And most of them were in groups of 4 or 5 all doing the same thing, I feel like they all stood around their tents hacking at each others shorts until they were the right length x

      Delete
  2. Ahhh this has made me soooo nostalgic. I used to go to Leeds festival every year. I even got a day ticket last year when I was pregnant (obviously no drinking or mosh pits that year!) I miss it but I kinda feel like I should quit while I'm ahead. If I went again I don't think I'd enjoy it as much now. Glad you had fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think you would!! Maybe when the little one is a bit older you could go as a little famalam? I saw so many people with their kiddies looking like they were having the best time xxx

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had an amazing time!
    I watched Kasabian and Florence + The Machine on television from the comfort of my warm, dry home. Although I would have rather been at the actual festival. Ahh Florence.. I love that woman!!
    Ahh Green Day would have been amazing. And Kaiser Chiefs. And Foo Fighters. And many other bands!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the best time maria, so sad that it is over! Green Day, Kaiser and Foos were all incredible- had a mega bum shake to all of them xx

      Delete
  4. Ahhh, you almost make me wish I was brave enough to go to festivals and enjoy them but I'm a wuss and much prefer the comfort of my sofa and bbc3 coverage instead haha. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh sweet you should definitely go to one next year, the crowds can be a little intimidating but in general festival goers look out for each other which makes a for a friendly environment xxx

      Delete
  5. Wow. The festival seemed like it was mad fun! I would've probably cried if I saw The Cure too. Love your blog :) x

    http://catsandclothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting baby girl :) The Cure were so good- life complete! xx

      Delete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!