Thursday, 19 July 2012

YSL- Le Teint Touche Eclat.

Last weekend I went to HoF to see if I could blag myself a little sample of the new Touche Eclat foundation. As i'm sure you all already know this is a VEEEEEERY hyped up product, based on the cult favourite (I'm guess thats the beauty world cult and not the brainwashing women hating kind of cult) YSLs Touche Eclat highlighter. Now I don't own the highlighter but my step mum did and I always used to "borrow" it when I was younger. The highlighter is worth the hype, but is the foundation?!

 So this is the sample that I got my greedy little paws on. The girl on the counter matched me and called the shade "fair". I got home and this isn't the name of a single on of their shades.... helpful. So I had a quick look at the guide and I literally have no idea which one it is because they have several pale ones. Anyone who could shed light on this please do. 


 And this is how it blends, it's quite "gloopy" and I found that it doesn't give full coverage instantly and instead has to be built up for full coverage. Personally I think this is a really good quality in a foundation. It avoids the horrific "cake face" situation. 

Me sans Foundation (eyebrows and mascara still in place)
 I do apologise for that awful photo, but you can't review a foundation without seeing the before. So, my main skin problems is that my nose looks like it's been dipped in high beam, my cheeks get very dry and I have bags under my eyes. Phew moving swiftly on.



Here, I just have the foundation (and a little moisturiser underneath) on. Personally I see a big difference, my bags are less visable and the edges look a little airbrushed which I think is the mark of a sucessful foundation.
 

This is with the finishing touches- Benefits Daffodil Powder, Nars Orgasm Blush and Laguna Bronzer and a little lippy to finish it off. 
 


All in the name of research, I then took my freshly made up face to the gym for a super intensive workout (okay this is a lie, I was there half an hour and then went home because I felt fat). But still I did work up a sweat and wiped at my face quite a bit and I think that it still looks in place. Result. 

And the results are in: 
Texture: 4/5
Blendability: 5/5
Radientity (definitely not a word): 5/5
Consistancy: 4/5
Durability: 5/5
Smell: 5/5 

Definitely a winner and I will buy a full sized version once I have finished my little sample.


3 comments:

  1. Ooo thanks for the review! I have never been able to justify the price of YSL, but it really helps if you can trial run the product first =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I bought illamasqua skin base in feb and the MUA matched me slightly too dark, niavely I assumed the shop llighting was reflective of how it looked and bought it... left the shop and felt that I looked a bit 'tangoed'. oh the problems of being fair! xx

      Delete
  2. hehe radientity, made me chuckle :P xx

    www.katblogsyeah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!