Sunday, 1 July 2012

Sunday Project

So I have thought of a new feature for my blog, every sunday i'm going to attempt to do something and let you all have a good giggle at it. This sunday I have taken inspiration from the blogging world and went with Vodka Print nails. 


Step One: Get yourself a little shot of vodka, drink it if you like... But make sure you have a shot ready for your nails. 

Other important tools you'll need: some little cut up strips of newspaper, 
Some cotton wool to lean on 
a base coat of your choice and a clear top coat
 

Step Two: paint your nails like normal with your chosen shade! I went for Barry M in 308/Berry. I went in for two coats to ensure the colour was built up to a solid shade.
 

Step Three: Dip your nails in the vodka, and then stick a little strip on your nail. I then painted a little vodka onto the back using an old blending brush. 
 

Step Four: Then Peel of the newspaper, I waited about a minute but I think the effect is pretty instant. 
 

Step Five: Paint with a topcoat. This is important to keeping the newspaper print on your nails, or it will just rub straight off. 

I'm really happy with thesem they look delicate and pretty and I think they give an intelligent look to my nails. I hope they don't chip off too quickly! 

 

6 comments:

  1. ah wow they look awesome!

    franleanne.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever, never seen it done before! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome idea & it looks so simple! Thanks for the nailspiration, I'm definitely going to give it a go.
    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    XoX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, thank you so much for sharing! This is an incredible diy :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to do this but never knew how! Thanks!!Your blog is stunning by the way! I love the banner :)
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw love these! I was worried it would be a waste of vodka, but that is definitely worth a go =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment, I don't bite!